Does anyone have wood floors in their home?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BACI

Reaction score

Does anyone have wood flooring in their homes? I do and Delilah still gets around but is it necessary to carpet a room?
We just moved into a new home that has wood flooring. I got Delilahafter we moved here so it is all she has known. However, when we wentback to our old appartment for the weekend we took Delilah with and sheran and did lots of binkies. This now creates the question as towhether we should have a room in the house carpeted or if she could bejust as happy without. ***let me just add D. does not have a bunny roomof her own yet... She does not like to stay in a room alone for long soI haven't rushed the decorating.

Our livingroom is carpeted wall to wall but therest of the house is wood. For the first 6 months Miffystayed in the livingroom only, she has started to go on to the woodslowly but only binkies in the livingroom. Maybe what you cando is go to a carpet store and see if they have any old remnets or justa big piece of carpet for her?

You can't beat a nice cool wood floor to lie on on a warm day :D

I agree, get a carpet remnant or a cheap rug.

My rabbit Zorro does binkies from one side of his cage to the otherwhen I wake up, and he slides on the newspaper that he dislodged thatnight... Sometimes sliding around is half the fun!

I would recommend to really keep on top of trimming bun'snails. Not only will it be better for he floors, but it mightbe more comfortable to bun as well!

Elf only does binkies outside or on the carpetpiece in her room. The rest of the house is hardwood or tile, though.She's been used to it since birth. :)

A carpet remnant would work well.

I fostered a rescue bun for a while last year. He was kept inourkitchen area which is linoleum. There is a smallrug by the sink. He would try to binkie on that littlerug! It was so pitiful. After a couple of days ofwatching and feeling sorry for him, I let him come into the carpetedliving room and he was ecstatic!

downstairs we have carpet but upstairs we have tile and wood floor

..peapoo doesnt seem to mind them..she slides a lot and

does binkies everywhere:D.

I have all hardwood floors except for ourbedroom. Trix's room is the second bedroom. She slips and slides allover the place when she does binkies, and I felt bad so I found an oldvelveteen carpet and put that down in part of the room. SHE GOES NUTS!She loves her binkie blankie! She even lays down and grooms thecarpet....just wish she would give me a bunny kiss. It's been a week...

We have a wooden floor as well and have two rabbits.
One rabbit can easily walk over the wooden floor (and jump and all); it is no problem at all for him.

The other rabbit however always slips away. His back legs slips asideas soon as he puts some 'power on his backlegs' and then he is stuckofcourse (splitted legs, one to the left, other to the right) and hestarts crawling.

Especially for this rabbit Happy we bought two huge carpets so he can run around, jump on the chairs without any problem.

So..... it is just test it out, see how your bunny gets along with the wooden floor.

greetz,

MJ

We have wood floors at our home.

I prefer to have wood floors. Only because of the fact thatEmmy sometimes "goes" on floor when she's out. It's easy to wipe andclean. The Con is that when there shedding, there fur sweeps acorss thefloor making fur balls which is distressing for me. My mom and I aredefinatley clean freaks and like to keep things sparkling clean.

For carpet, IF D does "spill" alittle bit, it might stain and can leadto odor problems, making you to wash your carpet every few weeks.Another problem, I think, is the stories I've heard rabbits digestingcarpet bits and causing blockage.

Try making a Pro and Cons list and see which category you like

Katy

:elephant:

Ellie won't set foot on our hardwoodfloors. She has the run of our carpeted familyroom. She's such a spoiled little diva, she has her own 20 x15 carpeted bunny room that she lets us share with her! :rollseyes:

My house, until recently, had all wood floorsexcept for the living room. Raph isn't supposed to go on slipperysurfaces as it's too hard on his joints...but where do you think heprefered to go? On the hardwood, of course. :disgust: I'd keep onshuffling him back to the carpet and he'd keep on clomping back out tothe wood floors. I wound up having to close the door to the living roomto keep him in there. Silly boy.

Bassetluv wrote:
My house, until recently, had all wood floors except for theliving room. Raph isn't supposed to go on slippery surfaces as it's toohard on his joints...but where do you think he prefered to go? On thehardwood, of course. :disgust: I'd keep on shuffling him back to thecarpet and he'd keep on clomping back out to the wood floors. I woundup having to close the door to the living room to keep him in there.Silly boy.

Why do they seem to know where they're NOT supposed to go, and make a point of going there?

:roflmao:

I hadRadarin the carpeted guest room off thekitchen, and he'd never leave that room. I thought it wasjust a 'home' thing. But as it turned out,Ihavea wine-coloured painted kitched floor, and noway washe going tostep one foot on that floor!

He had never come out of his room before, and one day I was surprisedto find him playingin the living room (which has pale greenlinoleum tiles), butI figured out that day there wasapath of newspapers placed in a way that that meant he didn'thave to put a foot down on the kitchen floor.

No getting him used to it, either. He just plum doesn't like it. Bunnies are weird!

sas :), pipp :bunnydance:and the gang :brownbunny:toastingbuns:bunny24

Pipp wrote:
Bassetluv wrote:
My house,until recently, had all wood floors except for the living room. Raphisn't supposed to go on slippery surfaces as it's too hard on hisjoints...but where do you think he prefered to go? On the hardwood, ofcourse. :disgust: I'd keep on shuffling him back to the carpet and he'dkeep on clomping back out to the wood floors. I wound up having toclose the door to the living room to keep him in there. Silly boy.

:roflmao:

butI figured out that day there was apath ofnewspapers placed in a way that that meant he didn't have to put a footdown on the kitchen floor.

No getting him used to it, either. He just plum doesn't like it. Bunnies are weird!

sas :), pipp :bunnydance:and the gang :brownbunny:toastingbuns:bunny24
LOL!!!!:roflmao:thats to funny!:biggrin

We have all hardwood, save for an area rug onthe livingroom floor. It took Sunny a little while to venture off therug...But she now runs up and down the hallway on the wood floor. Forsome reason though, she won't run right down the middle. She has to beright close to the wall.

She still refuses to step one paw the the tiled kitchen floor. If Iwant to bring her in there, I have to lay towels down in a path aroundthe room!

I would say get a large area rug if your bunnylikes rugs. Also, there are types of vinyl that are slipresistant and are made to look like a wood floor. They alsoare glueless. If you want to redo a room, you might want toconsider this because you don't have to rip up or ruin the wood floorto get a new texture and can be extremely easily undone if you don'tlike it. We have it as the primary flooring of our bunny room.

vo785y.jpg

Latest posts

Back