Rabbit of the Month is WIKI, photo by lilnaugrim
Rabbits Online > Pet Rabbit Discussion > General Rabbit Discussion > spayed and neutered couple 'mating' for enjoyment?

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 10-21-2017, 05:27 PM   #1
Lauraeli

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Default spayed and neutered couple 'mating' for enjoyment?

Tulip and Mr Bun have been bonded since June. Latelythe two have been um canoodling. I know bunnies do that as a dominance thing but suddenly the two have been doing it a lot. Tulip seems to coerce the behavior and then 'assumes the position' for him. Aftrwards he lays on her back for what must be a long time in bunny years. They seem to be enjoying it, most of the time at least. Is this typical? Should I be concerned

Old 10-21-2017, 08:20 PM   #2
stevesmum
RABBIT_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 252 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 178

Sounds like they’re trying to work out some of the issues between them. I had bunnies that did that too, but it was in the spring. The neutered buck had a touch of the spring fever. As long as it doesn’t turn into a fight I’d think it’s ok and it will pass.

Old 10-28-2017, 08:47 AM   #3
mark

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 104

Sorry, this thread made me chuckle big time! Good to know that it happens ... we are getting ready to search for a bond mate for our rabbit and I am trying to learn all that I can on the subject.

Old 10-29-2017, 08:33 PM   #4
Nancy McClelland
Larry
RABBIT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 764 Times on 637 Posts
Likes Given: 1267

Dominance, or "Who's the Boss?" Just like the "pecking order" but without the pecking. The submissive will also groom the head of the "boss". With our dogs, I think it's whoever can stink up the room the most and it's a dead heat right now--wish we had the airline oxygen masks that drop from above.