Rabbit of the Month is ?
Rabbits Online > Pet Rabbit Discussion > General Rabbit Discussion > Suggestions to help relationship with rabbit

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 05-20-2017, 02:19 PM   #11
BunnyBusiness

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Thanks for the tip, and the male isn't aggressive at all, he just struggles a lot and doesn't mean to hurt me.

I'll try some of those tips with training them, thanks again for the help.

Old 05-20-2017, 08:10 PM   #12
leighann7

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

Just do whatever bunny tells you and things will go swimmingly, lol. Tawny has certainly got me trained.

Old 05-20-2017, 08:51 PM   #13
Aki
Liked 192 Times on 181 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I haven't read what everyone answered. Your bunny sounds completely normal to me. She's not a baby anymore so she's more distant than before. A lot of babies will let themselves be held and will lick you while adults generally don't. She approaches you, she lets you pet her and she flops around you, that displays quite a lot of trust. Your relationship IS good already. Rabbits aren't dogs or cats, they are skittish and aside from a few exceptions, they won't cuddle with you or express a lot of affection towards you (Aki will lick me... but it's only because she's a clever girl and caters to my whims so that I'll release her).
So... yeah, you expect too much. Besides, as people have probably pointed out, around 18 weeks is a terrible age. Hormones don't help, even if clearly your bunny isn't that hormonal (I mean, she could be charging, grunting, biting, scratching and peeing on you right now so you should consider youself lucky).

Old 05-20-2017, 09:22 PM   #14
BunnyBusiness

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Okay, thanks Aki,I figured I was expecting too much from her, and I may have jinxed myself yesterday because today she was chinning her new cardboard box playhouse I made to dig into but we'll see, everyone gave me some good advice so thanks again.