Happy New Year Rabbits Online!

Rabbits Online > FORUM BUSINESS > Introductions > Bunny name ideas

Old 02-17-2017, 05:19 PM   #1
kookiebun

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Bunny name ideas

Hey I'm new here, I'm getting a new bunny soon (in 2 weeks or so) and i need name ideas! It would be nice if you guys could give me ideas

Old 02-17-2017, 05:28 PM   #2
Nancy McClelland
Larry
RABBIT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 704 Times on 586 Posts
Likes Given: 1183

Send a message via Yahoo to Nancy McClelland

We mostly cherry-pick names from literature,TV, and movies. Ours are all rescues so some do come with names already--Cosmo and he really fit the name so it stayed and Hopscotch became Mr Hoppes. We also have a Peter, and Bunnicula from "The Celery Stalks at Midnight",Bambi, Hutch which is from Wallace and Grommet's "Curse of the Were-Rabbit. We usually go with our "gut" feeling.

Old 02-17-2017, 05:29 PM   #3
Blue eyes
RABBIT_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 531 Times on 396 Posts
Likes Given: 812

Welcome to the forum!

I'd suggest waiting until you get to know your bunny a bit so the name can suit his/her personality. They really can have such varied personalities.

Do you have any favorite movies or books? You can use character names from those.

Or you could choose names based on a theme:

You could consider plant names like Basil, Pepper, Pumpkin, Rose, Daisy, Ivy.

Food names like Latte, Mocha, Snickers, Peanut, Burrito, Coffee, Popcorn, Cinnamon, Honey.

Or "sky" names like Orion, Pluto, Neptune, Draco, Galaxy, Nebula, Venus, Galaxy.

Or rock names like Quartz, Malachite, Copper, Clay, Diamond, Silver, Marble, Slate, Coal.

Or weather names like Blizzard, Volcano, Storm, Dusty, Sunny, Cloud, Rain, Frost

Or based on color (depending on color of course) like Ginger, Cinnamon, Onyx, Vanilla, Cream, Snow, Midnight, Shadow, Cocoa, Butter, Spot, Speckles.

Old 02-17-2017, 05:54 PM   #4
kookiebun

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hey Nancy McClelland! Thanks for the idea, it sounds pretty cool and i really like your rabbit names they sound cute

Old 02-17-2017, 05:55 PM   #5
kookiebun

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hi Blue eyes, that actually helped, thanks! I like the names based on color they sound really cute to me. I guess i'll wait until i get my bunny like you said

Old 02-17-2017, 08:45 PM   #6
Aki
Liked 104 Times on 101 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy McClelland View Post
We also have a Peter, and Bunnicula from "The Celery Stalks at Midnight",Bambi, Hutch which is from Wallace and Grommet's "Curse of the Were-Rabbit. We usually go with our "gut" feeling.
I had never heard about "The Celery Stalks at Midnight". I just looked it up and it sounds amazing. The subtitle says "beware the hare"! There is even a quote from Neil Gaiman about it : "Bunnicula is the kind of story that does not age, and in all probability, will never die. Or stay dead, anyway..."

I have to buy the whole series, now... Can't believe that was never translated in French, I have to start a campaign to make it happen!