Rabbit of the Month is WIKI, photo by lilnaugrim
Rabbits Online > Pet Rabbit Discussion > Health & Wellness > Using dried herbs???

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 12-04-2017, 05:55 PM   #1
amy662
Default Using dried herbs???

Hello all,

I've recently been making some adjustments to my almost 9 year old rabbit's care. He has been having some urinary and arthritis issues and I've looked into incorporating herbs to help with this. I've purchased dried cleavers, dandelion leaf, nettle leaf, plantain, and echinacea.

I've seen echinacea recommended on several cites, however I also just saw it listed as dangerous on a different cite. Can anyone weigh in on this? Is it consider safe or dangerous?

I can't seem to find any information on how much should be given. Does anyone have any insight on the amount I should give and how often?

Old 12-05-2017, 04:57 PM   #2
Lucky_2017

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Iím extremely sorry to hear about your bun and I hope he gets well soon 🤞🏻. Anyway, I feed my bunny fresh herbs, such as basil, dill and mint. Iím no expert but I wouldnít trust sites, try and get vetinary advice! Kind regards

Old 12-06-2017, 12:12 AM   #3
JBun
Jenny - Health & Wellness Mod
RABBIT_ADMIN.png

Liked 1164 Times on 1007 Posts
Likes Given: 61

I've read of other rabbit owners using echinacea for their buns, particularly ones with respiratory issues, and the owners seemed to feel like it was helpful. I believe that I remember they would sprinkle a pinch or a capsules worth, over their buns food once or twice a day. Or maybe a drop or two of the tincture. But I can't say for sure as it's been a while. So if you wanted to be sure it would be best to research it.

Old 12-06-2017, 07:59 PM   #4
Whiterabbitrage
RABBIT_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 227 Times on 139 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Medicinal herbs are considered drugs, so I'd call a rabbit specialized vet for advice. You want to be sure you are helping your bun.