Rabbits Online > Pet Rabbit Discussion > Health & Wellness > Bowel Obstruction now UTI

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 08-27-2017, 01:31 AM   #11
warminwisco
Liked 14 Times on 10 Posts

Not out of the woods yet. He is incontinent still with blood in urine. He has energy runs with his brother but his but is real wet all the time. 10 days of anitbiotics for UTI ends monday.Poops soft but round. He is still pretty week vet said could take for stomach to recover.

Old 08-27-2017, 01:32 AM   #12
warminwisco

take a month for stomach to recover. If its e.cuniculi can his brother catch it.

Old 08-27-2017, 01:34 AM   #13
warminwisco

Vet said get his brother to eat his poop?

Old 08-27-2017, 01:34 AM   #14
warminwisco

vice versus sorry

Old 08-27-2017, 04:04 AM   #15
RavenousDragon

Liked 195 Times on 162 Posts
Likes Given: 476

The vet was referring (probably) to cecotrophs, but it is hard to find those out of a healthy rabbit (healthy rabbits shouldn't leave ceotrophes where you can get, really). They are the gross, wet, blackberry looking poops if you have seen them. I doubt you will be able to do that, to be honest. But it would work well if you could- fecal transplants are becoming more popular in human medicine too (but apparently people don't like that idea) and horse foals do it on their own around weaning age.

Old 09-03-2017, 02:16 PM   #16
warminwisco

It wasn't such a tidy case. As I understand buns can be long to overcome GI stasis. Been getting critical care in him slowly vet wants eight times a day I been up to 6-7. Any tricks on getting him to want CC? The tramadol helped , thanks again. He's got some energy today and moving a bit more versus staring. prolly been 3 weeks now I am seeing improvement but is he thin.

Old 09-03-2017, 02:20 PM   #17
warminwisco

http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/ileus.html

This was pretty helpful, bloodwork good no ca, kidney liever stuff so just time and glad I had the long weekend to nurse him back.

Old 09-04-2017, 02:12 PM   #18
warminwisco

Little bits of CC and then a mouthful but I guess ya don't want to get it in his esophagus hold the washcloth up to his mouth so he can swallow so it all does not run out(that works). I had it to thin, had not figured this out and should be able to get 8 syringes in him as vet wants. He is still not eating grass bummer, he will eat kale and a few ground blown banana chips which vet thinks it is OK to fatten him up but straight pellets and grass he not eating. Now that I am giving him milkshake thick CC he is pooping more but it is not diarrea but creamy. Gonna get some more kale mint other stuff to get him eating. I love him even more in his little helpless state I am his hovering caregiver as my wife went up north to plan my sons wedding. He will jump out of the cage and run a little his but is so poopy though for the carpet but I needed a cleaning anyway.

No more grinding of teeth though I gave him some Meloxicam he was getting pretty wobbly tramadol, does that mean he is in less pain? I can massage his tummy with little discomfort.