Rabbits Online > Pet Rabbit Discussion > Nutrition and Behavior > Bunny has become a predator in my home

Old 03-20-2017, 10:20 PM   #1
aashelley
Default Bunny has become a predator in my home

I bought our bunny in August 2016, and he has been a wonderful pet up until a few months ago. Every day he becomes more aggressive. I let him run around outside when the weather is good. I just went out to get him and got chased insude my home as he attacked me. Thankfully I was wearing thick boots in anticipation. He generally lunges and bites me but I've never been chased while repeatedly being bit.

He's not neutered. I have it schedused for Friday but is this truly a hormonal problem? Will his behavior improve? I've tried to be so good to him but he acts as if he only lives to draw blood from me. I truly do think he hates me and am heart broken. I've never been so scared! I feel like I have a predator in my home.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:57 PM   #2
Watermelons
Administrator
RABBIT_ADMIN.png

Liked 556 Times on 456 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Sounds like hormonal behaviour. But the problem with that is that while behaviour continues it becomes learnt behaviour. You may have to just wait and see what happens after he is neutered.