Rabbit of the Month is WIKI, photo by lilnaugrim
Rabbits Online > Pet Rabbit Discussion > General Rabbit Discussion > Breeding partner - Dutch Purebred

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 05-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
Saudade

Looking for a dutch breeder who might not mind letting my little lucy (she's purebred dutch) have a short love affair with a buck. (the breeder is welcome to keep all of the babies bar one). She's from a line of champions but I can't remember who they are. Her markings are near perfect except for around one cheek where the black fur goes a little too far forward (or maybe it's the other cheek that goes back too far i can never remember).
I know it's a long shot but if there's anyone on the central coast who reads this who owns dutchs drop me a message.

Old 05-17-2009, 02:00 AM   #2
Numbat

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You could try posting an ad on Petlink. I don't think there are any Aussie Dutch breeders on the forum.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:25 AM   #3
crystal

Yeah petlink might be worth a try, and/or gumtree (which can be location specific I think)

I think there's a dutch breeder in melbourne, but that is a bit too far away!

All the best with your search

Old 05-17-2009, 05:00 AM   #4
PepnFluff

I wouldn't advise to breed to a unknown rabbit and breeder Lucy could getsyphillis sp? and numerous other disease's. She could have also have somethingwhichcould go onto infectthe buck and then he would infect others. I don't really know much about any of it but I would think asking in the breeding section and they could help you make a more informed decision and help you go about it.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:06 AM   #5
Saudade

Her medical checks out A-Ok, plus she's from a line of grand champions and I bought her directly from the breeder.
I'd of course make sure any breeders who offered their bucks check out.

Old 11-13-2011, 12:42 PM   #6
Kizma
Banned

I'm in Sydney and have 3 sutiable and very healthy stud bucks available. Pleanty of Dutch breeders around, just have to find us