Rabbits Online > Pet Rabbit Discussion > General Rabbit Discussion > Harvey vs. Balloon

Old 01-07-2017, 12:52 AM   #11
Nancy McClelland
Larry
RABBIT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 732 Times on 611 Posts
Likes Given: 1216

Commander Bun-Bun wold attack any ball rolled on the floor and pop them--except the tennis ball. Ted, our big lop used to love to fetch wicker balls--I'd roll it on the floor and he would fetch it and bring it back and drop it by my feet so I could roll it, again and again. Bunnies are strange!

Old 01-07-2017, 11:23 AM   #12
bunnyman666
RIP little Trixie

Liked 253 Times on 199 Posts
Likes Given: 843

Trix used to play kill the doo rag.

I have watched Harvey steal the balloon several times. It never gets old!

Whiterabbitrage Likes This 
Old 01-07-2017, 09:46 PM   #13
Whiterabbitrage
RABBIT_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 174 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 225

Wish all you guys with weird buns could have gotten vids. I would have loved to watch them all! Thank goodness technology is evolving.

We tried Harvey with balls of all sizes and types and she has no interest. You were lucky Nancy! A rabbit that played fetch, that's so cool.

I thought of you and Trix the other day Bunnyman, when Harvey grabbed her balloon and beat it up with her front feet. I thought of Trixie and her doo rag!

Old 01-08-2017, 12:47 AM   #14
Whiterabbitrage
RABBIT_SUPPORTER.png

https://youtu.be/RzrPNtSijR0

Old 01-08-2017, 10:23 AM   #15
ravenmoore36

Liked 66 Times on 44 Posts

Our bunnies have babies much as a little girl has dolls. 2 of them are interactive. Move and make rabbit noises. The smaller of the 2 is the size of a baby bunny. Our boy will activate the bunny by licking or doing that paw flappy thing they do. Then he will run round the room circling the toy then binky a bit before laying down with it.
Old 01-08-2017, 06:06 PM   #16
Whiterabbitrage
RABBIT_SUPPORTER.png

Ravenmoore!! Where did you get those toy bunny dolls! I've got to get one too. They sound so cool!

Old 01-09-2017, 03:34 PM   #17
ravenmoore36

Liked 66 Times on 44 Posts

We had an independant toy shop . i got the interactive toy bunnies in a closing sale few years ago.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:23 PM   #18
RavenousDragon
RABBIT_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 152 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 358

My Whiskey has two stuffed animals that he loves dearly. They don't make noise or anything, but he will try to carry them around (they are too large for him to carry successfully), he grooms them almost to the point of obsession (the one we call Schrodinger is crusty and gross from saliva most of the time), and he even puts them in his little 'house' when it's cold out. if he can't find one (e.g. when we are washing them) he gets very upset and sad. It's pretty darn adorable. He even knows their names and will find either Schrodinger or Pavlov when asked to do so!
People Like This 
Old 01-09-2017, 10:56 PM   #19
Whiterabbitrage
RABBIT_SUPPORTER.png

Dragon are you kidding me?! This is so cool. The pet store out here was a having a sale last year and I wanted to buy Harvey a little stuffed Yoda, but I figured she would just chew it up. What kind of stuffed animals do you use? I mean are they for kids or dogs? And doesn't your rabbit shred it? Harvey loves to shred carpet. I'm afraid Harvey would chew the the toy and end up with a blockage. Can you please, please post pictures of the stuffed animals you use? And tell me where you got them? I want to try this but want to play it as safe as possible.

P.S. I really like the names of your stuffed animals! Especially Schrodinger. Very funny and cool names.

Last edited by Whiterabbitrage; 01-09-2017 at 10:58 PM.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:54 PM   #20
RavenousDragon
RABBIT_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 152 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Of course Whiskey is blurry (he was quite upset I took his stuffies out of his cage and put them on the floor next to him! He had to make sure they were both ok). But the pumpkin (Schrodinger) is a dog toy (from Petsmart), and the frog (Pavlov) is a kid toy (one of my old ones, I have NO idea where it's from). He has never tried to chew them up, just lick them to death (he does try to destroy other things- he even used to tear up carpet before we got on him big time for it, but we decided to give him a stuffed animal because whenever one fell on the ground he had to run to it and groom it). We just make sure they don't have actual eyeballs (I'm terrified he's going to chew one off and swallow it). I would start with maybe supervised visit with said stuffed animal and see if he tries to chew it or groom it or ignore it (my other rabbit has her own stuffed animal but ignores it completely, and all my previous rabbits just ignored stuffed animals).

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Whiskey stuffies.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	18287