Happy New Year Rabbits Online!

Rabbits Online > Pet Rabbit Discussion > Health & Wellness > Rabbit Veterinarian List > Gainesville Rabbit Vets?

Old 01-21-2015, 07:15 AM   #1
SimplyBritt
Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Gainesville Rabbit Vets?

I live in Valdosta Ga with my two rabbits. I'm looking for any information on the small animal hospital or other rabbit vets in Gainesville fl. This is the closest I've found near me that have rabbit vets. I found a vet in Valdosta that claimed they were rabbit savvy. I went in because my rabbit had a lump on her leg towards the hip area. During the exam they ripped off the fur from her skin where the lump was. Not sure if that was okay to do but it scared and shocked the hell out of me. The vet prescribed her oral amoxicillin which I found out a few weeks ago will kill a rabbit. Two days after being on amoxicillin I went to put her in her cage and found her in a pile of mushy poo lethargic and barely moving. I stayed up all night monitoring her and begging her to drink and trying to get her to eat hay and pellets until 6 am when I finally passed out. It took me days to get her feeling better. I almost lost her because of that and I thought that it was my fault because I had some coconut oil spill and I thought she may have possible licked some while i was going to get a towel to clean it up with but now I know differently. If anyone knows any information about the rabbits in or near gainesville please let me know I hate not having that assurance that I have someone to take my rabbit to in case something happens.