Rabbits Online > Pet Rabbit Discussion > General Rabbit Discussion > Good toy ideas/websites/shops?

Old 12-06-2013, 04:45 AM   #1
boundingbunny

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Good toy ideas/websites/shops?

Like most Aussie bunny owners have trouble finding new interesting toys for my trouble some pair. The pet shops near me sell a extremely limited range of small animal toys. I am hoping that some of you have some brilliant idea up your sleeve or know a fantastic website!

Old 12-06-2013, 06:42 AM   #2
Azerane
Mod at Large
RABBIT_ADMIN.png

Liked 795 Times on 669 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Bunnings sells $1.00 sea grass mats. They do come from china, so they have to be washed in hot water and thoroughly rinsed and dried in the hot sun before use as a precaution (if you know your bunny uses them it's good to get a bunch at a time when you know there's going to be a really hot day so they dry well). But they're great fun for chewing and digging at, and if you curl them around and tie the two ends together with a cable tie you can use them as a tunnel. While you're in bunnings, don't forget to get a cardboard box for bunny to play with too

Otherwise, I've bought cheap stacking cups and plastic baby keys from big w and similar places and bandit has fun tossing those around. Otherwise toilet paper tubes etc are always a good standby as well the white pages (cover ripped off).

Old 12-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #3
boundingbunny

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the idea I already do both and they are both loved by the bunnies!

Old 12-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #4
selbert

Liked 67 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 184

I find my buns don't like store bought toys, they love cardboard boxes and loo rolls!

Old 12-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #5
Imbrium
Jennifer

Liked 593 Times on 506 Posts
Likes Given: 486

Plastic slinkies are great, too, and it shouldn't be too hard to find one

Another thing bunns love is shredding apart old phone books. For example, this used to be a phone book:

Old 12-07-2013, 04:38 AM   #6
pani
Bunny servant Lotte
RABBIT_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 552 Times on 429 Posts
Likes Given: 946

I've been browsing on eBay for general bunny necessities, and have come across a lot of bunny toys. Some seem to be homemade as opposed to mass produced, which is even better. Might be worth a look. :}

Old 07-08-2014, 01:24 PM   #7
Azerane
Mod at Large
RABBIT_ADMIN.png

Liked 795 Times on 669 Posts
Likes Given: 52

I found this site today: http://www.deanodesignsperth.com/index.html has some pretty cool things on it.

While I'm here, I'll link to the recently updated Guinea Pigs Aus site too, where you can buy cage grids from http://shop.guineapigsaustralia.com.au/

Last edited by Azerane; 07-08-2014 at 01:27 PM.
honeybunnies Likes This 
Old 07-08-2014, 11:02 PM   #8
BigBunny
Boomer Bunny

Liked 148 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 27

I buy a lot of wooden bird toys... you know they are safe wood if made for birds... but apparently the best toy in the world at the moment is a plastic milk bottle lid.

toys here are limited. just go to use your imagination.
Boomer has a lot of plastic cat balls & wooden bird toys. we even buy finch nests made from cane that he loves to chew up and play with. then he found the milk bottle lid on his own. he also has a mini child ball and a pokemon ball from a vending machine that he plays with. he also just has random toys that we find that he plays with sometimes, lego, a mini puppy toy, my hair brush, his hair brushes, loves my rug!!! i am sure to him my rug is one of the best toys ever too!