Rabbit of the Month is WIKI, photo by lilnaugrim
Rabbits Online > Pet Rabbit Discussion > Rabbits in the Press > Worlds biggest bunny!

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #11
Ilovemyrabbit
Elise - Introductions & Blogs Moderator

Liked 308 Times on 289 Posts
Likes Given: 772

I know, he must have a terrible diet to weigh 50 pounds!

And your right he probably isn't even alive anymore.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #12
Bunnylova4eva

Liked 75 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 153

Here's an even bigger one the vet told me about:
-worlds-largest-bunny-rabbit_n_3006487.html
But take a look at that diet! This poor bunny doesn't get ANY pellets OR hay! :{

Binky Free my special buns at the rainbow bridge~ I love you Jelly and Speckles

Old 04-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #13
MILU

Liked 42 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 450

In the pic, that rabbit is saying "Someone, please save me from this kid!"

Old 04-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #14
Acacia-Berry

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 15

How disgraceful. This a video on Darius:
Isn't cabbage terrible bc it gives them belly gurgles? The poor thing.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:56 PM   #15
JBun
Jenny - Health & Wellness Mod
RABBIT_ADMIN.png

Liked 1164 Times on 1007 Posts
Likes Given: 61

I don't see too much wrong with it. He probably gets a little bit too much sugar from carrots and apples, but you also have to take into consideration his size when you figure recommended amounts. And though cabbage can cause gas, and I don't like to risk feeding it, not all rabbits have digestive problems with it. This rabbit obviously doesn't and seems to tolerate it fine. He doesn't look fat or overweight. He's just a big breed rabbit and isn't fully matured, so is still growing. So aside from a diet a little high in sugars, he seemed to be happy, in a good home, is obviously loved and seems well cared for.
People Like This 
Old 04-07-2013, 02:50 AM   #16
Acacia-Berry

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I see that he is active but a couple things wrong IMO: 1)those kids shouldn't attempt to hold him since they obviously cannot and dropped him several times 2) He seems to get cabbage over lettuces. The calcium and sugar in 84 carrots and 14 apples alone is simply terrible. 3) I don't care how many she has bred, she doesn't understand basic nutrition.

I do like that they mentioned how he's exercised and while he is not overweight, his teeth can't be that good if they just stick a carrot in his face instead of letting him forage for hay.

Maybe someone here with Continental Giant breed expertise can come settle this?

Old 04-08-2013, 06:28 AM   #17
The Turtle

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acacia-Berry View Post
I see that he is active but a couple things wrong IMO: 1)those kids shouldn't attempt to hold him since they obviously cannot and dropped him several times 2) He seems to get cabbage over lettuces. The calcium and sugar in 84 carrots and 14 apples alone is simply terrible. 3) I don't care how many she has bred, she doesn't understand basic nutrition.

I do like that they mentioned how he's exercised and while he is not overweight, his teeth can't be that good if they just stick a carrot in his face instead of letting him forage for hay.

Maybe someone here with Continental Giant breed expertise can come settle this?

Almost no one in the US messes actively with Contis or German Giants.

I have Flemish. I also read that article, and that poor wabbit eats a tremendous amount of crap, personally.

My biggest doe is 21-point-something pounds. She's built like a truck and has a very long frame. My biggest buck is 20 pounds, twelve ounces and patting his flank feels like patting a brick wall. He's a registered Grand Champion three times over. Yeah, I could probably pork them up by handing them all the kale, carrots, raisins and yogurt treats they care for. Oddly, neither of them actually LIKE them. And really, I don't like my Giants flabby.

My non-wabbit friends send me links to these idiotic Conti or German "world's largest" news stories. I am patient, but I explain to them, look, how would it be if those UK papers had articles about "fattest US baby?"

#fail.
Big Wabbits From The Blue Ridge(sm)!
Acacia-Berry Likes This 
Old 04-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #18
MatherRabbit
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

To be completely fair - the video did say "In addition to some special rabbit food, he gets..." And I did that quote from memory, so it may be off a little bit.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:20 AM   #19
Katielovesleo3
Katie

Liked 305 Times on 251 Posts
Likes Given: 209

"U crazy kids! Put that rabbit down!!!!" Is what I just yelled to the video. Ugh. Terrible diet. I saw this on Facebook and commented on it and said "yuck sounds like a bad diet" and everyone jumped on me and said "well at least he's alive and fed!" I just rolled my eyes and exited Facebook. (It is aggravating lol).
Tucker* Likes This 
Old 04-15-2013, 03:42 AM   #20
HolyHandGrenade
Missy

Liked 112 Times on 85 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Yeah, I've asked people to stop posting that one guy's German Giant on my timeline because he reportedly tried to help a country in the East start a breeding program that would help with their famine, then stopped helping them after he sold them the first rabbits.

What's up with Darius's weepy eyes? That doesn't look right Well, I think most people are loony, so that woman makes my list even if Darius is totally fine.