Rabbits Online > Pet Rabbit Discussion > General Rabbit Discussion > Getting a Satin!

Old 07-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
Pharfly

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I found a local breeder with satins here! If you never seen one, their fur shimmers! The hair shafts are thinner then a regular rabbits fur so it gives it a shine Almost metallic look.

First picture of one I saw I fell in love!! She will be ready too go when Smokey is neutered and fully healed so I can Bond him with Nova and free up a cage for her.

The breeder sent me this pic she is the littlered girl She has had a rough start, Mom and first foster Mom abandoned her. Her 3rd Mom took her in and she is doing good now. She is pet only I could never breed and show my rabbits are my pets

Old 07-17-2011, 12:01 AM   #2
Nancy McClelland
Larry
RABBIT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 733 Times on 611 Posts
Likes Given: 1218

Darling little bunny. Our little Dutch has the shiniest coat I've ever seen on any bunny. Seems like his hair is longer and just glows he's so shiny.

Old 07-17-2011, 01:52 AM   #3
hillrise

Pretty

It's actually quite fun to show your pets. That's how I started in the show world (although I had already been breeding rabbits for years). I still consider all of my rabbits pets (I have about 20 right now).

I love Satin coats, but I just can't take on another breed. Not only are they shiny, but their color is SO intense! If you ever want to see a satin, just visit a nearby show and look for them--it's like nothing else you've ever seen.

Old 07-17-2011, 03:56 AM   #4
Pharfly

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I am so excited too get Ruby
I would love to go to a show I hear the closet shows are in wetaskawin which is about 6-7 hour drive from here ( I am in the middle of now where lol). Smokey's breeder goes too the shows with his Bun. I even found a picture of him at a show on their facebook page
I was so surpized too find that satins are here, I have bred mice for years and all the good mouse breeders are in Europe and the USA. So I am not use to the idea that well bred animals are in my area lol. I now know there are Mini rex, holland lop, satins, rex, angora, lionheads, netherland dwarfs and Hotots breeders in my area All with perdigreed stock, no "I got my bunnies at a petshop and am now a breeder" lol