Rabbit of the Month is WIKI, photo by lilnaugrim
Rabbits Online > Pet Rabbit Discussion > Rabbits in the Press > Makes me ashamed to be a human.

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:17 PM   #21
Envyme

That is soo terrible and sad My gosh what is wrong with people??

Those poor buns stuck like that in a cage with no room to move...and tortured Those people should be crammed in a small place like that and used for lab tests...see how they like it.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:07 AM   #22
BethM

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think the lesson here is that anyone who is opposed to the testing of products on animals should take a little time and make sure to buy cruelty-free products. Especially cosmetic and other "beauty" products, household cleaning products, etc.

When I shop, I look for the Cruelty Free logo (a leaping bunny!). I also have a guide on my iphone so I can look up products when I'm at the store. If you go to http://www.leapingbunny.org/shopping.php, you can print out a guide to carry, or ask for one to be sent to you in the mail.

If people continue to buy products that are tested on animals, companies will continue to test their products on animals. Vote with your wallet.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:13 AM   #23
james waller

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Gezabella09 wrote:
Quote:
EDIT BY MODERATOR: GRAPHIC PHOTO ON WEBSITE!

I am just so shocked and disgusted.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...reatments.html

You mite need to copy and past the link coz i'm not all that technical!

I burst into tears after reading it and Choppy has just been smothered with love for the last half an hour ( more so than usual ) and got to munch on a whole heap of carrot tops!

All that for a wrinkle - i'd rather be wrinkled
where is the humanity,,stuff like this started organizations like peta,,and others which set the animals free and burn the clinic to the ground--it is all insane...james waller

Old 04-15-2012, 11:40 PM   #24
StitchLover

Likes Given: 1

Is there somewhere I can get a list of cruelty free products?

Old 04-16-2012, 12:33 AM   #25
Nancy McClelland
Larry
RABBIT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 772 Times on 645 Posts
Likes Given: 1272

Old 12-10-2012, 06:08 AM   #26
KittyKatMe
Banned
Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Okay I may be a bit sensetive, but I just started crying. I'm a vegetarian too! This is just horrible and it makes me sick. My thing is that if there is payment, humans would step right up and test under their own will. No, it is not "safer" to test shampoo on chimpanzees. We've grown so selfish, sometimes they are more human than we are. I personally think that if we don't need something that harms anyone else, then we don't need it and shouldn't use it. I'm actually starting a weekly broadcast on this issue and more. I'm still in the practice stages, though. I hate humans, even though I am one. I agree with Peeta Mellark in that maybe a better species will take over after the apocolyps.
12lawliet12Snickers, Truffle Likes This 
Old 12-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #27
BugLady

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Sad

I can understand using animals for important medical or genetic testing where there is really no other way. I am a graduate student and many of my friends either study animals in the wild, take wild animals into the lab, or use mice/rats in lab testing. The protocols and paperwork they have to go through is incredible, they are constantly checked up on, and the animals are pampered as much as possible. They are all doing really important work; they love people and love animals. Though I don't know anyone working on rabbits.

However I simply cannot abide by cosmetics testing. It is disgusting that human VANITY is used as an excuse to torture animals, and it sounds like either these companies are not being checked, or for some reason the stringent requirements don't apply to them. Or maybe it's state-by-state laws? I don't wear any makeup at all, and buy only cruelty-free bath/body products.

I've seen retired lab-rabbits at a rescue, they can really turn around and become happy healthy house buns. Perhaps campaigns can be put forward to raise awareness of the plight of lab rabbits and encourage labs to adopt out their rabbits to rescue organizations? I imagine they're normally euthanized, instead.

I'd like to add I'm a happy omnivore, and I think people who threaten researchers and labs are despicable. I understand the sentiment, but violence is not the answer. I joined the ALF forums for a while to see what they do, and was appalled by the terrifyingly intense anger and violence those people advocated (but not *really*, of course, so they couldn't be held liable if someone listened to them, *wink wink*).

What we need is more exposure, more level-headed campaigning, and more education. Animal rights advocates often get dismissed as rabid and unimportant. What we need are quick-witted people who can influence or put forth legislation. People need real viable alternatives to testing, specific examples, as opposed to general "that's so awful don't do that!".

As someone on the sidelines without that sort of influence, that might seem too hard to do or out of reach. But... maybe not.

Last edited by BugLady; 12-16-2012 at 03:50 PM.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:02 AM   #28
Imbrium
Jennifer

Liked 593 Times on 506 Posts
Likes Given: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugLady View Post
What we need is more exposure, more level-headed campaigning, and more education. Animal rights advocates often get dismissed as rabid and unimportant.
reminds me of something my (vegetarian) best friend in high school would say - "PETA's the worst thing to ever happen to the animal rights movement"

Old 12-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #29
MyBabyHasPaws

Liked 27 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 5

This is disgusting and its embarrasing to be a human right now.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #30
Imbrium
Jennifer

Liked 593 Times on 506 Posts
Likes Given: 486

to be fair, it's embarrassing to be a human a lot of days ><