Rabbit of the Month is WIKI, photo by lilnaugrim
Rabbits Online > Pet Rabbit Discussion > Rabbits in the Press > Makes me ashamed to be a human.

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:04 PM   #1
Gezabella09

EDIT BY MODERATOR: GRAPHIC PHOTO ON WEBSITE!

I am just so shocked and disgusted.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...reatments.html

You mite need to copy and past the link coz i'm not all that technical!

I burst into tears after reading it and Choppy has just been smothered with love for the last half an hour ( more so than usual ) and got to munch on a whole heap of carrot tops!

All that for a wrinkle - i'd rather be wrinkled

Old 11-04-2009, 02:19 PM   #2
Orchid

Liked 77 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 36

No matter what we do....what year it is, how hard we try...there will always be people like this...people who do not see animals as anything but a means to an end, we can all only try to do what we feel is right, and fight for causes we can when we can......it is sad...and I feel horrible for the animals there...

Old 11-04-2009, 02:23 PM   #3
kirbyultra

Liked 35 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 5

This is a very sad, disturbing article. The picture on there is also very disturbing. Maybe a mod should come and label it just in case someone wasn't expecting it.

I know animal testing is common out there but... I'm sure all of us on the forumn have a soft spot for rabbits. It's so sad to think about this.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:48 PM   #4
bunnybunbunb

This is one of the reasons I am Vegatarian. Cow is the same as a rabbit to me, same with Chickens - just like dogs. Whether you think the same or not they are all alive and do not deserve to be used in such a way to "help" humans. I get all the vegan/not tested on animal products I can but I am not a big makeup person anyway.

Their ears? Geezz.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:48 PM   #5
BethM

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

bunnybunbunb wrote:
Quote:
This is one of the reasons I am Vegatarian. Cow is the same as a rabbit to me, same with Chickens - just like dogs. Whether you think the same or not they are all alive and do not deserve to be used in such a way to "help" humans. I get all the vegan/not tested on animal products I can but I am not a big makeup person anyway.

Their ears? Geezz.
Samantha, I recently became vegetarian. I also shop for things that are not tested on animals. I look for the Cruelty Free label on packaging, and carry a guide to help me. For me, human "beauty" is not an acceptable excuse for animal testing.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:40 PM   #6
wallice

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Man I hate people sometimes! I don't even see why that is necessary even if you are testing something on an animal! They could still (though I disagree with testing on stupid things like wrinkle cream to begin with) have the whatever done to them and let them run around free range in large pen with the proper food/water and care! I understand that unfortunately, animal testibng may be necessary to test important things like cancer treatments and the like, but for beauty products its so unnecessary.

And they tried to kill rats with pens, that shocked me! I'm a university student, and we have to take an animal care course before dealing with animals alive or dead about how to properly respect the animal, and handle it in the most humane ways, they need that course desperately!

Bah I'm so frustrated!

Old 11-04-2009, 06:42 PM   #7
Orchid

Liked 77 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 36

I honestly think for doing things like this for Human enhancements...is very very wrong. I get it when they are trying to cure cancer or aids...and even then I still do not like it, but I can understand it better.

I thought to myself the other day...they created some sort f treatment to make your eyelashes grow thicker and longer...a treatment not mascara...WHY are we spending time creating such STUPID things like this? Could that money not have been spent a better way...but whatever...

Old 11-04-2009, 07:14 PM   #8
Luvmyzoocrew

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Orchid wrote:
Quote:

I thought to myself the other day...they created some sort f treatment to make your eyelashes grow thicker and longer...a treatment not mascara...WHY are we spending time creating such STUPID things like this? Could that money not have been spent a better way...but whatever...
amen to t hat

Old 11-04-2009, 07:26 PM   #9
Yurusumaji
Young Blood

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Agree with Orchid. We don't have cures to many fatal diseases, but we have the cure for wimpy eyelashes. Why?

Those poor babies ... that is very disturbing and I can only hope that the next time we hear about this lab it'll be an article about how it's been closed down.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:01 PM   #10
Luluznewz

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Geeze how terrible is that. I get that animal test subjects are used to save thousands of human lives, but for anti WRINKLE cream? As far as I know wrinkles have never killed anyone. Those types of drugs dont even REQUIRE animal testing, its just cheaper.

People are just messed up. I don't eat meat either, but this made me realize that washing my face might be hurting the little guys too. I'm to make sure to buy beauty projects that arnt tested on animals...