Rabbit of the Month is WIKI, photo by lilnaugrim
Rabbits Online > Pet Rabbit Discussion > General Rabbit Discussion > SO Happy With Pet Supplies Plus!

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:07 PM   #1
Bo B Bunny

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My local Pet Supplies Plus has quit selling small animals!!! All they have now are rescue cats and fish!!!

The last few times I was there, I had told them they weren't getting good rabbits from ordering them in on a truck (most likely Marshalls).

I don't know if it had any affect, but I am sure happy they did this.

Now, I wonder if all of them have ???

Old 01-18-2008, 01:15 AM   #2
swanlake

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

the pet supplies plus by me has never sold rabbits. they only have hamsters, maybe one or two gunnie pigs.

thats awsome though!!

Old 01-18-2008, 01:33 AM   #3
Bo B Bunny

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

They had rabbits all the time! Now they don't even have feeder mice!

Old 01-18-2008, 01:38 AM   #4
Haley

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Mine always have rabbits- mostly lionheads in crappy glass enclosures with pine/cedar bedding and no hay.

It makes me want to cry. Ive talked to the manager several times and for a while they had hay but I went in there the other day and they didnt have any.

I wish our store would follow suit. It breaks my heart everytime I go in.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:27 AM   #5
haxela

Our, "Pet Supplies Plus," store is one that does sell rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, birds, fish, and the like. However, the store that I do go to has always seemed to take exceptional care of their animals.

I'm not necessarily pro-or-con pet stores and their policies about selling animals. I personally choose not to purchase animals at pet stores, but understand why some people do. I don't judge them for their decisions and I do purchase supplies at pet stores. But I do have a problem with pet stores that don't take proper care of their animals - and I am all for pet stores only becoming supply warehouses as opposed to pet warehouses. But I suppose that's neither here nor there...

The bunnies are in enclosures that are well ventilated and spacious. And each time that I see them they have plenty of hay, water, pellets, and fresh vegetables. Like sexes are housed together and they are on pegboard with litter boxes filled with a pelleted wood. Guinea pigs are in similar enclosures but have carefresh-type bedding. Hamsters and gerbils are on aspen and always have fresh water. I've been impressed with how well they care for their animals.

That being said, other pet stores in my area have atrocious conditions. It saddens me to no end and just breaks my heart. If a pet store is willing to properly care for the animals they sell, well, great - but, if they can't or won't...they shouldn't be allowed to sell them.

Way to go for speaking out! And, yay! At least one store out there got the message. Hopefully others will begin to follow suit.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:38 AM   #6
Bo B Bunny

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Our PSP was really good with the animals also. They had local breeders for a time then a new manager came in and forced them to use the "company connections" - it sort of ruined the place. I've talked to the manager about a lot of things.... I hope he listened. He did listen about Timothy hay from Oxbow! Usually I am lucky if they have one bag..... today they had SIX!!!