Rabbit of the Month is ?
Rabbits Online > Pet Rabbit Discussion > Rabbit Veterinarian List > Ontario Rabbit Savvy Vets

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:51 PM   #31
Bassetluv

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Updating an old recommendation:

For anyone in Ottawa, if you are new to the area (or new to rabbits) and are looking for a good rabbit vet, I'd recommend Dr. Daren Auger as one of the best in the city. He is the vet I initially recommended here some time ago, but his location has moved. He now practices here:

Carling Animal Hospital
2268 Carling Avenue (at Woodroffe)
Ottawa, Ontario K2B 7G1
Tel: (613)725-3439

http://www.carlinganimalhospital.com/

There is another vet at this same clinic I would recommend alongside Dr. Auger: Dr. Keith Johnson is a co-owner of the clinic and he has treated my rabbits in the past. He saved Yofi's life a couple of years ago after the boy developed a mysterious and rather deadly infection, and I can't say enough good things about this veterinarian. Both he and Dr. Auger are extremely well-knowledgeable with rabbits; when a difficult case is presented neither one hesitates to get opinions from other rabbit-savvy vets if needed, and both of these men are absolutely wonderful with their patients as well as with the owners. They are well worth taking your rabbit to, for illnesses as well as overall general health care.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #32
WonderBunny

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Dr. Melanie Kenzie at Masonville Animal Hospital is an awesome vet. She is amazing with my bunnies - very gentle, kind, and knowledgeable.

NorthernAutumn Likes This 
Old 04-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #33
BunnyBabyboo

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 19

https://www.facebook.com/fifeanimalhospital?fref=ts

Fife Animal Hospital Chatham On.

Old 06-15-2013, 12:20 AM   #34
stridin
Default Spay cost Peterborough

Does anyone know a vet in the Peterborough area that does spaying? I only found 4 in town that spay and the lowest price I could find was $230. :/ If I have to I will take her and pay that, but just thought I would check to see if anyone knows anywhere cheaper before I make the appt

Old 09-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #35
Gazelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyPot View Post
Greenwood Park Animal Hospital (Intersction: Greenwood and Gerrard)

http://www.drmunn.ca/

1041 Gerrard Street East
Toronto, OntarioM4M 1Z6

Dr. Munn is the only doctor in the practice and she's fantastic. She has her own bunnies and isextremely knowledagble. She does spays and neuters as well as provide medical care for the Rescue Rabbit organization here in Ontario.

She really knows her stuff and I can't go on enough about how great she is. She explains everything and I trusted her right away with Oliver. Instead of picking him up, she got right down on her knees to check him out because he was obviously nervous.

She was open to hearing about things I read on the forum and about trying new treatments if there was something she didn't think about that someone here on the forum mentioned.
CORRECTIONS:
Greenwood Park Animal Hospital is on the SW corner of Gerrard St E and Galt Ave, 4 blocks West of Greenwood.

There are now two equally Rabbit savvy and compassionate Vets at Greenwood Park AH as Dr Sam Munn (Male, NOT Female !) was joined in his practice by Dr Markus Luckwaldt in 2012.

http://www.drmunn.ca/Greenwood_Park_Animal_Hospital/STAFF.html

Old 09-02-2013, 10:51 PM   #36
Gazelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnydude View Post
Please contribute to this list of rabbit savvy vets in Ontario.

ALSO SEE: http://www.ontariorabbits.org/health/healthvets.htm
Beaches Animal Hospital
2304 Queen St E
Toronto, On, M4E 1G8

416-690-4040

Open 7 Days a Week from 8AM to 10PM

Two of the Vets at BAH treat Rabbits and Pocket Pets, Dr Mark Dilworth and Dr Joanna Coote. I have had my Rabbits seen by each of them for various issues from stasis to tooth trims to bladder sludge. Dr Coote did the neuter on my mature male last fall.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:19 PM   #37
Mariah

Liked 68 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Dr Christine Stubbs at Spencer Creek Animal Hospital in Dundas, Ont. I used to work there & HIGHLY recemmend her. I had both my bunnies spayed & neutered there. One of my bunnies also had a URI, which she fixed. In addition, one of my bunnies has chronic GI issues which she deals with as well.
The new clinic I work at- Copetown Animal Hospital in Copetown, Ont, also has a rabbit savy vet on staff as well- Dr Shannon Lee. I have just started dealing with her & shes fabulous as well!

Old 01-18-2014, 08:44 PM   #38
Gazelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazelle View Post
CORRECTIONS:
Greenwood Park Animal Hospital is on the SW corner of Gerrard St E and Galt Ave, 4 blocks West of Greenwood.

There are now two equally Rabbit savvy and compassionate Vets at Greenwood Park AH as Dr Sam Munn (Male, NOT Female !) was joined in his practice by Dr Markus Luckwaldt in 2012.

http://www.drmunn.ca/Greenwood_Park_Animal_Hospital/STAFF.html
Note: The above is outdated. Dr Luckwaldt is no longer with Greenwood Park Animal Hospital.

Old 01-13-2015, 06:15 AM   #39
Cayzi

Liked 19 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Does anyone know an affordable place for spays and neuters in the GTA? Right now Im looking at Rockwood they quoted me 120$ for a neuter and 260$ for a spay. Trying to find a little cheaper at least for the spay..

Old 01-14-2015, 01:37 AM   #40
Gazelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayzi View Post
Does anyone know an affordable place for spays and neuters in the GTA? Right now Im looking at Rockwood they quoted me 120$ for a neuter and 260$ for a spay. Trying to find a little cheaper at least for the spay..
Those prices seem like a bargain to me. I paid just over $200 +tax for a neuter (including a $45 pain control package) two years ago at Beaches Animal Hospital in Toronto. Make sure you're comparing apples to apples. You MUST have pain control meds to go home. Some quotes you get may not include meds.

That said I wouldn't recommend shopping for price. If you don't already have an ongoing relationship with a Rabbit savvy Vet you trust then you need to find the best Rabbit savvy Vet you can locate and afford for any procedure involving anesthesia. There's so much that can go wrong. Your Rabbits will probably be OK but if one of them has a previously unknown heart or breathing issue for instance you want an experienced Exotics Vet to handle it.

My recommendation is Dr Sam Munn, owner of Greenwood Park Animal Hospital in Toronto. He isn't inexpensive, but he is very skilled and experienced and really cares about Rabbits. www.drmunn.ca