Happy New Year Rabbits Online!

Rabbits Online > Pet Rabbit Discussion > Health & Wellness > Rabbit Veterinarian List > Ontario Rabbit Savvy Vets

Old 02-05-2008, 05:39 AM   #11
f_j

Burloak Animal Clinic

3060 Lakeshore Rd. West, Oakville, Ontario, Canada L6L 1J2 Phone (905) 827-1171 Fax (905) 827-1175
Dr. Lisa McKinnon is Rupert and Penelope's vet. She is great, as is the entire staff there. Very rabbit-savvy! Dr. McKinnon spayed Penelope and neutered Rupert. She also saved Rupert's life when he had bloat.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:38 PM   #12
JenniferCameron

McLean Animal Hospital
1659 Victoria Park Avenue, Scarborough, ON M1R 1P8
Dr Julia Hammond Phone: (416)752-5114

This is my new vet and I absolutely love her, you can tell how much she cares about animals and she handles my buns with such care.

I live just by lawrence and the DVP so she's really close to me even if it does say scarborough.

Edited to add that we took the kittens there and they had a stool test, but the lab they used messed up and said the kittens didn't have worms when they clearly did (There were worms in the stool sample that was sent in for testing,) I had to add that in because it shook my confidence in them, so if your rabbit gets testing here and they send it to the lab be on guard.

Old 05-14-2008, 02:20 PM   #13
MrCarrots

Matthews animal hospital @

769 Southdale Rd E
London ON, N6E 3B9

Phone: 519-681-7575
Fax: 519-681-7725

But ONLY Dr Heather Hannick, she was great with our boys and owns bunnies herslef. Even Mr Carrots relaxed enough around her to be examined and he hates people.

I cannot reccomend the other vets there as we lost baby boo after one of them treated him, but Dr Hannick is excellent and the best we found in London

Old 08-29-2008, 06:37 PM   #14
NorthernAutumn
Autumn - Administrator
RABBIT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 106 Times on 85 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Dr. Teresa Wasilewicz
Callander Animal Hospital
1878 Highway 94, Box 460
Callander, ON P0H 1H0
Phone: (705) 752-4550
Spay = 190 + tax: Hasn't ever lost a bun under anesthesia

^ Very good vet!

Airport Animal Clinic
555 McKeown Avenue, Unit 3
North Bay, ON, P1B 9E4
705-476-3913
Neuter: around the 120 mark.

Spay: 184 (tax in)

Had angoras at one point. Seems confident with buns; willing to suggest home remedies when I can't afford the bills.

EDIT, OCT 2008 >>> Really conservative about pain meds. Refused pain meds to my girl post-spay. Had to go back next day and beg for them. Be sure to demand aggessive pain management!!!

Update Sept 2010:
AVOID FOR ANYTHING BUT SPAY AND NEUTER
Deal only with Dr. Bassi.

"Conscience is our magnetic compass; reason, our chart." - Joseph Cook

Old 09-11-2008, 10:03 PM   #15
HoneyPot

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Greenwood Park Animal Hospital (Intersction: Greenwood and Gerrard)

http://www.drmunn.ca/

1041 Gerrard Street East
Toronto, OntarioM4M 1Z6

Dr. Munn is the only doctor in the practice and she's fantastic. She has her own bunnies and isextremely knowledagble. She does spays and neuters as well as provide medical care for the Rescue Rabbit organization here in Ontario.

She really knows her stuff and I can't go on enough about how great she is. She explains everything and I trusted her right away with Oliver. Instead of picking him up, she got right down on her knees to check him out because he was obviously nervous.

She was open to hearing about things I read on the forum and about trying new treatments if there was something she didn't think about that someone here on the forum mentioned.

molly Likes This 
Old 09-12-2008, 09:33 PM   #16
kahlin

First, I'd recommend Campus Estates in Guelph. (Southside Plaza, #1460 Gordon St, Guelph Phone: (519) 837-1212/Fax: (519) 837-0209)They are amazing. They saved Finley when we had a rough spot a few weeks ago. They were great to work with, very attentive and willing to help or answer questions whenever.

As far as the followinggoes (for those in North Bay)...

NorthernAutumn wrote:
Quote:
Dr. Teresa Wasilewicz
Callander Animal Hospital
1878 Highway 94, Box 460
Callander, ON P0H 1H0
Phone: (705) 752-4550
Spay = 190 + tax: Hasn't ever lost a bun under anesthesia

Airport Animal Clinic
555 McKeown Avenue, Unit 3
North Bay, ON, P1B 9E4
705-476-3913
Neuter: around the 120 mark.
Had angoras at one point. Seems confident with buns; willing to suggest home remedies when I can't afford the bills.

I like Dr. Wasilewicz. She is very gentle, and is willing to work with you. She takes your thoughts, experience, and research into account and doesn't make you feel like an idiot. The downside - she doesn't do dental work.

However, I wouldn't under any circumstance return to the Airport Animal Clinic. We had a rough experience there. There was a complete misdiagnosis, and a wait and see mentality when my bunny was suffering. Obviously not everyone will have this experience, but it was enough for me to look elsewhere and un-recommend them. (sorry).

I've also been to the North Bay Animal Hospital (1875B Seymour, North Bay, 705-476-8387). They were decent, but I much prefer Dr. Wasilewicz. North Bay Animal Hospitalis more expensive and had a tendency to fluff me off with some concerns (which turned out to be valid).

Old 09-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #17
NorthernAutumn
Autumn - Administrator
RABBIT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 106 Times on 85 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Kahlin, I can see why you would unrecommend Airport, as both doctors there talk pretty quick, and don't take your comments and research into account. It seems like they only give a bun a cursory overview.

What pleased me about them was the fact that they tried to work with my budget to some degree. The original estimate for a wound stichup was in the $300 range, and they were willing to work down to $240. However, that was still out of my range, so they showed me how to do the next best thing at home.

I do not like the conversations I have, but I appreciate someone who understands my financial situation, and is willing to suggest alternative solutions that .

Sept 2010: Recommended for speutering only . Deal only with Dr. Bassi.

When I was dealing with bunny challenges, I had not yet heard of Dr. Teresa. She will be my next rabbity vet.

UPDATE:
Dr. O'Connor
Seymour Animal Hospital.
North Bay, ON.
- distinct possibility for rabbit help.

"Conscience is our magnetic compass; reason, our chart." - Joseph Cook

Old 09-19-2008, 03:21 AM   #18
Badabing

Dr Verhagen
Lasalle Animal Hospital
1560 Lasalle Blvd
Sudbury ON
P3E 2W8

I agree,Dr Verhagen at LaSale animal clinic is an excellent bunny vet.I always feel very comfident with any treatment she perscribes.I had a lot of trouble finding a qualified BunVet. after moving North from the Guelph area.I am so thankful I found this wonderful Vet to treat my Buns.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #19
smudgie

Hi Jennifer,

Wondering if you've had any more experiences with this clinic. I have 7 buns and have been taking them to Amherst Vet Clinic at markham Road. For me I find there's too many vets. I see a different one each time and often with the same rabbit. On one occasion I was told to try a certain treatment and we had problems. I called back and was told They didn't use that particular treatment!!!! One doesn't always know what the other is doing. Another time I called for advice re. meds they gave me and they didn't call me back. So I'm looking for a new vet. Thanks Jenn

Old 02-18-2010, 01:38 AM   #20
kman43

Hi All,

Called for a quote from Campus Estates in Guelph, not sure what the going rate is for a spay/neuter, they qouted us $79 for a consultation, and then $379 for the surgery. Will try the Rockwood vet to compare rates...

Ebony, Ken and Amanda

kahlin wrote:
Quote:
First, I'd recommend Campus Estates in Guelph. (Southside Plaza, #1460 Gordon St, Guelph Phone: (519) 837-1212/Fax: (519) 837-0209)They are amazing. They saved Finley when we had a rough spot a few weeks ago. They were great to work with, very attentive and willing to help or answer questions whenever.