Rabbit of the Month is WIKI, photo by lilnaugrim
Rabbits Online > Pet Rabbit Discussion > General Rabbit Discussion > Need advice about my two females !

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 01-07-2017, 02:21 PM   #1
Ksimmer12
Default Need advice about my two females !

Okay my little girls are just turning 6 months old in a week and at night they chase each other around the cage and humping each other. Last night they got a little aggressive while doing that and i made a divider so they can see and touch noses but thats about it and i am only going to put that in at night time because they have been keeping me awake for the last 4 nights. Now i am raising the money to spay them, do you guys think that would solve that issue or could it be something else? Also i know i am only putting the divider in at night but is that cruel? During the day they are fine with each other they are sisters so they bonded pretty well. Thank you for helping!

Old 01-07-2017, 05:12 PM   #2
RavenousDragon

Liked 209 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 501

In the case of two females, the sooner you spay them the better in terms of bonding in my experience. Two females pretty commonly don't get along, even if they are sisters! Often sibling rabbits stop getting along as soon as they are sexually mature (this is obviously not always the case, but I hear about this happening all the time). If they do not get along after the spay, you may have to consider housing them separately for the rest of their lives or start re-bonding them as if they had never met. Good luck!

Old 01-07-2017, 05:22 PM   #3
Blue eyes
RABBIT_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 699 Times on 526 Posts
Likes Given: 903

You don't want them fighting anymore right now or they may never bond later. Keep them separate until they are both spayed and healed. Fights can turn extremely vicious even to the point of causing serious injury or death.

Old 01-08-2017, 10:24 AM   #4
ravenmoore36

Liked 66 Times on 44 Posts

Get them spay. On pet health plan you get 20% discount on each policy.