Rabbit of the Month is WIKI, photo by lilnaugrim
Rabbits Online > Pet Rabbit Discussion > Rabbits in the Press > Inaccurate children's book about rabbits

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 03-10-2015, 04:30 PM   #1
Bville

Liked 172 Times on 145 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Default Inaccurate children's book about rabbits

I saw a book about rabbits in the grocery store (a lot of bunny stuff out this time of year) and I just had to look at it. It was so inaccurate it was laughable. The story was about baby bunnies living in a warren underground with their mother. The rabbits illustrated were obviously domesticated rabbits based on their coloring and some had lop ears and some did not. I know that can happen within a litter that some ears lop and some don't, but it just looked like the author didn't do any research or know the first thing about rabbits. They should have consulted RO. Almost everything I know about rabbits I can attribute to learning from this website!

BaileyBoy Likes This 
Old 03-10-2015, 08:18 PM   #2
ladysown
Liked 240 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 2

but rabbits do live in warrens in the wild with the babies being born underground.

So they mixed up the colours and didn't make them all a wild brown colour. It's a kids book, they're allowed to take license a bit. Or perhaps they took their colours from all the pet bunnies that are allowed to run wild and DO dig warrens and live with their kits underground.
People Like This