Shy, skittish bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TimothytheNetherlandDwarf- I try to do the same thing every morning as well, I usually greet him & change his food & water and try to pet him. I've tried holding him by his scruff & I never know if its hurting him since he does squirm & I usually just put him back down. The only thing I can think of as to why he may of forgotten me or is just plain scared of me, is because I was where he was already used to, as to smells & how everything looked & then the car ride I know was horrible for him from the traffic & bumpy road . I just hope he remembers or realizes that I'm the same person again :sigh:[/QUOTE]

Okay, that's good. They seem to be good with routines. Yeah he probably doesn't like to be picked up by the scruff. Delilah hates it something fierce so I stopped picking her up that way (I didn't know it could hurt them either) I usually scoop them up from underneath with the other hand on their back. Timothy doesn't wiggle as much as Dee does (I don't know what her deal is) but in any case, I guess like us they don't want to be touched and/or handled roughly. As with your bunny, give him time. I realized ours were finally comfortable with me once they pooped on me lol. Thank God it's not gross like it is with kittens and puppies. :)

:happybunny:
Toodles & Bunny Doodles

I actually touch his feet alot cause theyre so cute lol . He doesn't really seem to mind it, he never nips me or anything. So hopefully when it comes to nail clipping time he wont get so upset
That's good. Just build it up to spreading out and holding his toes the way you will do and approaching with the tool. He may not mind at all, but sometimes they are ok when it's just stroking and freak out when you introduce the equipment. You are lucky to be able to get him used to everything from such a young age so he doesn't get fearful of things.

Just thought I'd update everyone that Pepper is doing so much better ! He doesn't run anymore, unless he's out & I scare him by accident. He's letting me pick him up without being scared how he was w/ the squirming. He likes playing with the toys in his cage now, even with my & my boyfriend :) . I did start feeding him veggies since he was getting those where I got him from, I started out slow & he gets half a cup now with including his pellets & hay. Thank you everyone for your help !

Latest posts

Back