I have a Bunny, her name is Bug

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misschief

Reaction score
So I rescued a bunny a few weeks ago and can I say its been nothing but entertaining, for the first 2 weeks she did not have a name, and nothing really stuck.... except one night I was trying to catch her and I called her a little worm.... well worm didnt stick but Bug did :)... so I now have a Flemish Giant (so we think) called Bug.

My boyfriend let bug out yesterday and she was running around the house and having a jolly old time, when I came in the door she hopped right up to me and lay down... I think we are building up our relationship, she loves me stoking her and she is getting more comfortable climbing on me, the advice from the girls in my indro thread was excellent in terms of picking her up to put her back in the cage she trusts me a lot more when I have her and she doesnt kick about and panic as much which makes me feel so much safer.

I never thought a bunny could make me so happy, I love her more than my dog!

Good to hear you´re getting on well with her already. Would love to see a pic of her please :)

This afternoon I'll take a video of her running a much, she loves laying under the couch and jumping up on them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkBr82q_jYo&feature=youtu.be

A few things we have learnt about Bug, I dont think she listens... and she doesnt know her name :S so im trying to teach her but its a little hard not sure if im making progress.
She also LOVES music, Rhianna in particular, she binks like crazy.
Sorry about the poor quality lighting it was dark and we have a few lights out.

I've had my Conan for months now and he barely responds to his name. I truly am mystified how folks get a rabbit to repsond so goodnluck. Nice rabbit by the way, and I'm no expert but it does look like you got a sandy Flemish on your hands. Have fun.

Aparently in Australia we have no "true" Flemish Giants they are all cross breeds sooo the breeders I have been speaking too believe she is imported.
Who abandons their imported flemish giant i have no clue.

Yeah, pretty silly to go to all that effort then abandon it. Sheesh.

Oh, a tip for your video link: If you paste the URL without the &featureblahblahblah after the video's ID (which is the 11 characters after the v= ) it will automatically embed when you press Post, or Preview Post :)

More pics please :D The video was just like watching Monty hop around. You definitely have a sandy colored Flemish.

Well the other half decided he would leave her out unsupervised yesterday, Lucky all the electrical cords were plugged out because she chewed right through his surround sound speakers hahah someone has learnt a very very valuable lesson.
1. Listen to females when they day "dont let her out unsupervised"
2. Rabbits like cords

She´s just lovely, she does look so much like Monty, I just love seeing these big bunnies, they have such wonderful ears.

It has been a while!!! a lot has happened, we moved house and I am currently building Bugs NIC condo (just need some instructions on how). She has gained quite a bit of weight and her personality is really starting to come through, she is still not interested in me, today I was sitting with her for an hour and she checked in with me about 3 times but I can only pat her on the nose, head and ears I cant touch her anywhere else she will flinch and run away... :( its sad so many times I just want to grab her and give her a cuddle but I cant its a very new experience for me..... :).
Also her litter tray I change twice a week she pees like mad!!! and she drinks a lot as well, but in the bottom corner there is a white cement like deposit I can not get it off for the life of me! any suggestions?

Last edited:
Very, very odd this happened last night, I think Bug has been watching the dogs too much, she was rolling around on her back and letting my partner scratch her tummy?? :S she would NEVER let me do this, he hardly spends any time with her and she lets him touch her everywhere!! but with me only the head nose and ears

Haha, I love when bunnies learn to do weird things from the other animals. Q-tip pounces like a cat. She watches the cat chase things, and then mimics what he does. It's pretty funny. She'll go tearing after moths as if she's a cat.
The tummy rubs sounds hilarious. I can't get anywhere near Q's tummy. She hates it.

Haha, I love when bunnies learn to do weird things from the other animals. Q-tip pounces like a cat. She watches the cat chase things, and then mimics what he does. It's pretty funny. She'll go tearing after moths as if she's a cat.
The tummy rubs sounds hilarious. I can't get anywhere near Q's tummy. She hates it.

Well I thought Bug hated it too, I tried it and she ran away, OH can pick her up, rub her tummy he can use her as a rag doll and im so jealous because its rare that she even lets me near her :(

That's too cute about the tummy rubs :)

Rabbits are just weird about who they allow to do what. It also seems like many rabbits tend to like the opposite of their sex more(humans included). So that is a possible explanation of why she's taking a liking to your partner. You could try sneaking in a tummy rub while he's rubbing it, and maybe she'll get used to you doing it to. Somethings you can try to bond with her more, take her to a more confined area, like a bathroom or other small room, or inside an xpen, and sit inside with her for a while, and use a few treats that she likes as well, and pet her while she's eating it. She can have stuff to do in there like boxes and toys to check out, but the confined space will make her interact with you more.

Those white deposits in the litter pan are calcium deposits. Try soaking it in vinegar. It should desolve it right out of there. The dried yellow pee is another matter. I've ended up just taking a scraper to it after soaking in the vinegar.

If you are still needing a nic tutorial, you can find some on you tube, and here's a link for one. The video tutorial link is on the right.

http://rabbitcondo.com/lara-and-harrels-deluxe-wide-rabbit-condo

How to Flemish Giants go with other rabbits??? I am thinking of rescuing another rabbit, she seems lonely during the day and I would love another breed of rabbit, there are some real cuties at our local rescue..

Latest posts

Back