Mix or Minilop?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malo

Reaction score
I can't quite put my finger on it, he looks like a mini lop but I am not sure. What do you think?

Img_0631.jpg

Img_0622.jpg

Img_0578.jpg

Wasn't he from a shelter? He could easily be a mix. He could also be from an accidental litter where neither parents and the optimal breed characteristics.Since I don't have much knowledge on this, it's hard to tell.But from my experience, most shelter bunnies are not descended from show quality stock. It doesn't really matter when it comes to pets- Whisper is gorgeous! Are you still thinking of breeding him? That would be when I would worry about it since you don't know his pedigree.

I was thinking about breeding him, but I don't want to if he is a mix. It would have been for an SAE for FFA.

He wasn't from a shelter, he was from a breeder.

I do have a pure minilop doe though that I bought to breed to him. Butnow I am thinking about neutering Whisper, if only it wasn't soexpensive!

If you got him from a breeder, did you get a pedigree? Or could you call the breeder and ask?She could also give you advice on how Whisper holds up to the breed standards.

And just remember that vet bills for breeding problems are much more expensive than a neuter. You might want to keep several hundred dollars extra laying around just in case. Just walking in to my emergency vet's was nearly $100!:shock:

Latest posts

Back