More Bunny Cuteness

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i didnt think they were bun's names either...ijust thought you liked lady and the tramp...your bunnies are ADORABLE!!pidgeon....wasn't that what tramp called lady? or am i waaaaaaaaaayoverdue for a re-watch?

My husband actually came up with Pigeon becausewhen we first found them (before Tramp got fixed), Tramp would pesterPigeon all the time and she would just lay there and take it but shewould be making this grunting noise that reminded my husband of apigeon's cooing. So Pigeon it was. Now, we had already picked Fumper asa name for the male but I thought about it a min and remembered thatTramp's nickname for Lady in the movie was Pigeon and I thought thatwas too much of a connection to overlook so he got changed to Trampalso. Hmm.... guess that tells you what kind of animals I've had moreof since I named my bunnies after dogs! I wish I had a camera on menow, but I know if I get up to get one they will move. They are beingTOO cute. Both laying in the middle of the floor, side by side, withboth back legs stretched out behind them as far as they will stretch,with the exact same expressions... even the ears are in the samepositions! Here's a pic I got of Pigeon in that pose earlier.

I dont mean to alarm you, but you might want todo a once over on poor Pigeon. Seems to have an abnormal orange growthcoming out of her side?

LOL

What an absolute sweetheart (insert BIG hug here) I dont have thesmileys downloaded-have to do it EVERY time I come to this (*&cafe!

Cher

OMG!!! This is the first time that Iever saw a bunny sitting ina bean bag chair!! Wasshe watching TV also? LOL So cute! I justlaughed and laughed! They are very precious, even if pigeonhas an orange growth coming out of her side! ;)Beckie

Hey, your Trampand my Little Bit look like twins!! Look at my pics in my topic "Hereare my boys" and look at the pics of Little Bit and tell me what youthink????

LovelyBren :) Ps, attached is another pic of Little Bit!

Lovely Bren:
Looks like LittleBit and Tramp have a similar body type but hiscoloring is quite a bit different actually. He's pretty much a solidgrey color, though if you fluff his hair the wrong way you can see itgets lighter towards the roots... and behind his ears fades to abrownish color. All four of his feet (and only the feet) are white andhis belly is a blend of grey and white hairs. He also has a ring of alighter grey just around his eyes. I actually think there is a goodpossibility that Tramp and Pigeon are siblings. The grey fur on each ofthem is the exact same color, Pigeon just has the Dutch markings also.The other reason is that their face structure and ears and body typeare all identical. Other than markings the only real difference ispersonality and that Pigeon is just a tad bigger than Tramp (btw, he's5lbs, so I think Pigeon would prolly hit 6ish).

2bunmom:
LOL... Pigeon LOVES the beanbag chair. I don't have a TV downstairswhere they are but she pushes and pulls the beanbag all around theirplay area and tries to develop escape routes by jumping on top of it toget over their barrier. She hasn't had any luck so far! She'll also tryand use it to get on top of the shelf where the treats are kept! I'mtelling you guys... she's T R O U B L E (and I LOVE It)!

Cher:
Funny thing is that orange lump seems to migrate... I could have swornit was something stuck in her teeth just before the picture was taken!Something fishy going on here....

TrampNPigeon wrote:
Lovely Bren:
Looks like LittleBit and Tramp have a similar body type but hiscoloring is quite a bit different actually. He's pretty much a solidgrey color, though if you fluff his hair the wrong way you can see itgets lighter towards the roots... and behind his ears fades to abrownish color. All four of his feet (and only the feet) are white andhis belly is a blend of grey and white hairs. He also has a ring of alighter grey just around his eyes. I actually think there is a goodpossibility that Tramp and Pigeon are siblings. The grey fur on each ofthem is the exact same color, Pigeon just has the Dutch markings also.The other reason is that their face structure and ears and body typeare all identical. Other than markings the only real difference ispersonality and that Pigeon is just a tad bigger than Tramp (btw, he's5lbs, so I think Pigeon would prolly hit 6ish).

It's possible Tramp and Pigeon have some Dutch or Dutch mix, but Ithink they also have some lop mixed in due to the ear and facestructure and the "fluffier fur". A Dutch has "flyback" furthat is sleek and lays close to the skin so that it doesn't distort theclean lines of the markings. Another gene calledthe "Vienna gene" also causes a Dutch type marking but is a completelydifferent and unrelated gene. Tramp and Pigeon appear to beOpal in color (aka blue grays in the Dutch) . Are their eyesblue/gray or very dark brown? It's hard to tell from thephotos (they could be light Chestnut in color). Ifthey have any black tipping on the coats and dark brown eyes, it wouldbe Chestnut (known as gray in the Dutch breed). -- But they appear tobe Opals to me.

Pam

Thanks for the description Pamnock!Funny thing is I had never paid much attention to eye color.Went over this morning after reading this and before rushing off towork and took a peek.

Pigeon has dark brown eyes and some (not many) black tips, so it soundsthen to me like you might have nailed it with them being a Dutch/Lopmix.... she just got more Dutch features and he got more Lopfeatures. Also Pigeon's coat is not as fluffy as Tramp's coatis.... it lays down flatter, though not quite as flat as some of thepictures I have seen of other bunnies with true Dutch coats.

Tramp's eyes are a beautiful solid grey and even on really closeinspection, (which he objected to LOL) I couldn't pick out any blacktips at all on him. I still think there are too manysimilarities in their body type for them not to be siblings... butlooks like each of them just got different features from themix. Thanks again for the help Pamnock... kinda neat to knowwhat my lil stray bunnies really are!

-Cheryl

Latest posts

Back