Showing bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that they have to be purebred, males mustnot be neutered....? I don't know much, I'm trying to find out myself.If there is a mixed breed catergory, Peppy could do it as he has notbeen castrated. I think my little Meg could win too hah. I just loveher so much! But I'm sure everyone here thinks their own bunny is thecutest :)

Pam is a judge, she could for sure answer your questions :)

I don't know. I love my Thumper with allmy heart. But I would NOT show him. Hewould probably growl at the judge. He is a querky littlething. I rescued him from the pound and had themfix him so I have no idea how old he is or his history but:dude: but he is a demanding littlecharacter. He is a dominant thing.:dude:He cracks me up. Butsometimes he scares my son alittle because he growls and charges at youfor attention.:)

Thanks, I hope I can show her, or Peppy. I thinkthey're both adorable. Although Peppy is a little underweight at themoment. And Megan can't sit still for a second lol. But I shall TRY :)

Sometimes shows do have classes for mixed breeds and even creative classes such as a costume class.

When I judge a mixed breed class, I use the ARBA standard of conditionas a guide for the rabbit that is the appearance of health, vigor, andgood grooming.

There are 45 rabbitbreeds recognized by the American RabbitBreeders Association. Judging is based on how well theanimals type meets the description for the breed. Some breedsplace moreconsideration on one area such as wool, meatproducing qualities or markings. Judges will look at thehead, ears, eyes, teeth, legs, bone, body, genitals and even the tailand toenails of each rabbit to find the best specimen. Ingeneral, a judge handles 250 or more rabbits per show. Ajudge with an all breed license is expected to be able to handle andjudge every type of rabbit from the tiny Netherland Dwarf to the hugegiant breeds and must also be familiar with the unique texture anddensity of each of the wooled breeds. Each breed is alsohandled and even posed differently -- so you can imagine how muchstudying is involved with over 800 points of information tomemorize. In my judging apprenticeship alone, I handled over2000 rabbits on my quest to become a judge!

I am continually learning the unique aspects of each breed and enjoy talking to breeders to further my education.

Pam

Wow Pam, you really have a big job to do then :)It sounds fun though!! It must be nice to really enjoy your work :) Iwish you all the luck with your judging!

Latest posts

Back