EVIL RABBIT!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trixiesowner

Reaction score
Ok, Trixie STILL has a biting problem. The more I"scream" in pain to make it look like it's a bad thing the more shedoes it! It's as if she LIKES to see me in pain! What is another methodof getting her to not bite you? :?

method of getting her to not bite you? :?

Cut off trixie's tail just behind the ears. I gaurantee she will not bite again!

Heh,Heh,

Dennis,C.V.R. [ A little Breeder humor!]

I don't think there's a cure lol Megan alwaysbites, growls and runs after you trying to bite you. Soo, what I do iswhen she's trying to bite I either hold her head to the ground so shecan't move or I throw extra hay in there so she's occupied withsomething else....:?

Hi Trixiesowner,

Has Trixie been spayed?It couldbethat herhormones areacting up.

My only suggestion is to keep doing what you're doing, and move slowlyaround her. Some rabbits get startled if you move too fastaround them. Do you think she has any soar spots or aches andpains? Have you noticed it to be when you touch a certainpart of her? Have you triedsquirting her with awatergun when she doesit?Waterguns can bea productive training tool if theyignoreyou.You don't want to soak her,butgivingher a squirt won't hurt her,butit'll surprise her and she'll most likely not likeit. It's worked beautifully for me and my rabbits forlitterbox training or just stopping bad behavior, like chewing wherethey're not supposed to.

Buck Jones has suggested that folks rub their rabbits ears and thatseems to soften them up. Many claim that itworks. Some rabbits just get into a mood and gothrough phases.

Good Luck, and if you find something that works, let us know.

-Carolyn

They do sell what's called a bitter apple spray. normally you spray iton wood work to keep them form chomping on it. Just a thought what ifyou sprayed your hands or legs where she is biting let it dry. Do thisfor a few weeks she may get the hit you don't taste good and leave youalone. I have been thinking of trying it with my buster but he likes toalso lick me not always bit so I have been reluctant to try it. Hemostly bites when he is to excited. Its hormonal with him and he needsto get fixed.

This is just my opinion, but I would be leeeryof spraying yourself with the bitter apple spray. Some rabbits actuallylike the taste. Trixie may decide you taste even better and bite youmore. Ouch!

Have you condiered spraying her? You can use a bottle or even achild's squirt gun. When she bites you you spray her with the water,not alot and not in the face, as you tell her NO! Maybe that wouldhelp.

Tina

Pay no mind, Loz. It's an attempt to humor.

-Carolyn

i want to cut off my bunny's tail. cause its always so dirty. but its only a joke.

Cristy

Laz & Carolyn,

it's too bad that you both take everything so seriously! Learn to laughand perhaps life will look much better. I'm surprized at Carolynbecause she was once more appreciative of a good joke or a pun! So sadto take such a serious attitude.

Well, I guess I know where I stand!

Have a GREAT Day! [I still think it WAS FUNNY!!]

Dennis,C.V.R.

trixiesowner wrote:
Ok, Trixie STILL has a biting problem. The more I "scream"in pain to make it look like it's a bad thing the more she does it!It's as if she LIKES to see me in pain! What is another method ofgetting her to not bite you? :?

When does she bite you? Ebony hops up onto thesofa and Im like " what do you want?" Then she'll nip me as if to say"pet me". How old is trixie? Ebonys ont even 1 yet so maybeshe'll grow out of it. I think fluffy used to but i think he grew outof it.

Luv Loz

xXx

MyBunnyLovesMe wrote:
I don't think there's a cure lol Megan always bites, growlsand runs after you trying to bite you. Soo, what I do is when she'strying to bite I either hold her head to the ground so she can't moveor I throw extra hay in there so she's occupied with somethingelse....:?
What she growls like a dog? How weird Ive never had a growling rabbit before.

Lol!!!!

Dawn wrote:

They do sell what's called a bitter apple spray. normally you spray iton wood work to keep them form chomping on it. Just a thought what ifyou sprayed your hands or legs where she is biting let it dry. Do thisfor a few weeks she may get the hit you don't taste good and leave youalone. I have been thinking of trying it with my buster but he likes toalso lick me not always bit so I have been reluctant to try it. Hemostly bites when he is to excited. Its hormonal with him and he needsto get fixed.

Wow thats really clever I never even thought of that!!! Maybe I shouldtry that with Ebony. It makes me a litl nervous because shelooks like she just sniffing my hand and then she bites it (quitegently tho).

-L

dajeti2 wrote:
This is just my opinion, but I would be leeery ofspraying yourself with the bitter apple spray. Some rabbits actuallylike the taste. Trixie may decide you taste even better and bite youmore. Ouch!

Have you condiered spraying her? You can use a bottle or even achild's squirt gun. When she bites you you spray her with the water,not alot and not in the face, as you tell her NO! Maybe that wouldhelp.

Tina

Yet, another very true point.

Loz n Ebony wrote:
Thank you bunnymommy your very kind!Hows the little (did I say little???) Sherman dude coming on thesedays? Any stories?

Luv loz
LOL! My sweet baby is doing very well! :D Thanks for asking.

I'll be updating with new stories soon. I'm stilllooking for photos of him that I haven't posted yet. I have aton of them on my backup digital camera that for somereasonwe can't get off (the camera is malfunctioning). Stillworking on it.

Carolyn wrote:
Hi Trixiesowner,

Has Trixie been spayed?It couldbethat herhormones areacting up.

My only suggestion is to keep doing what you're doing, and move slowlyaround her. Some rabbits get startled if you move too fastaround them. Do you think she has any soar spots or aches andpains? Have you noticed it to be when you touch a certainpart of her? Have you triedsquirting her with awatergun when she doesit?Waterguns can bea productive training tool if theyignoreyou.You don't want to soak her,butgivingher a squirt won't hurt her,butit'll surprise her and she'll most likely not likeit. It's worked beautifully for me and my rabbits forlitterbox training or just stopping bad behavior, like chewing wherethey're not supposed to.

Buck Jones has suggested that folks rub their rabbits ears and thatseems to soften them up. Many claim that itworks. Some rabbits just get into a mood and gothrough phases.

Good Luck, and if you find something that works, let us know.

-Carolyn

Hey Carolyn v. good points raised there. (as per normal!)

Love 4rm loz

xxoxoxoox

Latest posts

Back