Introducing Snowy to the Board!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaisyNBuster

Reaction score
Home of the white rabbits, , United Kingdom
As you all know he is the only addition we haveleft of the first babies (the three sadly passing away and two going toQTBunnies). We are definatly keeping this little angel - Snowy. Justthought I would introduce him to all of you :D. Sorry the pics aren'tof great quality in the house!!

Here he is making friends with Hugz ( who ever said that cats and buns didn't get on! :))

Ears are way too big to be a dwarfanything.....just right for her, tho! I really love that oneof bun and cat! Just look at that eye contact.

Adorable! How big are theparents? Florida Whites average 5 lbs. Polishaverage 3 lbs. and New Zealands average 10 lbs.

Pam

Pam - Buster is absolutley huge - We are havingto get him a bigger cage LOL! Daisy isn't as big but I do feel they arestill a bit large to be Polish Dwarfs. The petshop said they wouldn'tgrow much more than Snowy is now, but I'd say Daisy was three times asbig and Buster four times. They are the biggest dwarfs I've ever seen.I've never actually weighed them - I've always been curious to know -I'll have to and I will let you know!

Vickie

It sure is funny to see cats and rabbitsinteract. Contrary to what most people would think, therabbits are in control in my house... in fact, it is not rare for oneof my bunnies to "chase" a cat around the room trying toplay. Hehe:cool:

Just a word about pet shops. They telleveryone that every bunny is a dwarf. First of all, there isno such breed as a dwarf polish. The only breed with dwarf inits name is netherland dwarf. Polish are the next larger,going up to 3 1/2 lbs with ears no longer than 3 inches.After that we have mini-rex and holland lops, running about 4 1/2lbs. There are a few other breeds not as popular in this samegroup. BUt those ears are way to long for a polish.May be a mix. Enjoy him, whatever he is. Donna

AwwHe's gorgeous!!

He looks like the babies my Rosie had! We got 3 white (thebuck was a New Zealand) and 3 chocolate brown like Rosie. Wekept 2 whites, Posie and Snowie, but 2 of the chocolate ones diedbecause they were runts (Wiggly and Blacky).... I was 10, so excuse thenames! LOL But the other 2 went to good homes andwere called Amit(I think this was my little cousin's way ofsaying'rabbit'LOL) and Fluffy.

We still have no idea what breed Rosie was and I've no clear pictures to show anyone. I loved her to bits though!

Snowy and Hugz have been getting on great.Everytime we put him back in his hutch Hugz sits there for ages justwatching him. I would never trust them alone though as all it takes isfor Hugz to get to playful and scratchmyrabbitsortheir eyes :shock:. Daisy and Buster can'tbe doing with her though and stamp whenever she is near.

I will now presume that my rabbits are mixed breed. Still doesn't change a thing - still love em to bits :D

Look at our new baby!! :dude: What a Beauty!

You look excellent, Vickie! I can't believe you just had Caitlyn. Youlook like you are just a young teenager yourself. You're as pretty asSnowy.

I love the picture of the kitten and Snowy together as well. I wonderwhat they're communicating to each other as they're checking the otherout. "What happened to your ears???"

Looking forward to Snowy stories! Welcome aboard you precious little one!

(I do love the avatar you have. It always makes me smile.)

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
You look excellent, Vickie! I can't believe you just had Caitlyn. Youlook like you are just a young teenager yourself. You're as pretty asSnowy.

LOL Carolyn your not the only one to have said that to me :D. It's afamily trait to look young in our family - We get it from my Nanna shesonly 4ft9 bless her:).

My sister is nearly 18 and we get mistaken for twins and theres 5 yearsbetween us. Ah well at least when I'm about 50 I will still look young(hopefully):dude:

Vickie

Latest posts

Back