Self-filling water bowls?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JadeIcing wrote:
Uh look at my picture...
Uh, we posted at the same time:p. After hitting send, I noticed your post:biggrin2:. Ah well, it gives her a closer look;). (You can see how the pieces that hold it on are ribbed, or whatever you wanna call it.)

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
Joy, here is another pic I have showing the crock attached to the cage. Hopefully this is what you were asking about;) This particular pic was taken for another member, showing how I have the door on Snuff's cage, but clearly shows the crock too:D. You can put it any height that works best too, which is a plus;).

DSCN0892.jpg

Thanks, that is exactly what I wanted to see. So do you have to unhook it everytime you refill it or is it two pieces? I saw some similar to this last weekend but they were stainless steele.

Joy

Thanks, that is exactly what I wanted to see. So do you have to unhook it everytime you refill it or is it two pieces? I saw some similar to this last weekend but they were stainless steele.

Joy

Glad that's what you wanted to see!:)

But no, you don't have to unscrew it or anything, just twist the cup part off to clean it, easy! To refill, I just open the cage and add more water;). Sometimes (when in a hurry) we don't even open the cage if it's after they've been fed, we just dump the water from a tupperware cup into the bowl from the top of the cage:shock::p.

Lol we fill like that in a hurry.

AngelnSnuffy wrote:

Joy

Glad that's what you wanted to see!:)

But no, you don't have to unscrew it or anything, just twist the cup part off to clean it, easy! To refill, I just open the cage and add more water;). Sometimes (when in a hurry) we don't even open the cage if it's after they've been fed, we just dump the water from a tupperware cup into the bowl from the top of the cage:shock::p.

I use those crocks for the bunnies too. They also have clear colored ones in the bird department at Petsmart. I like those cause it's easier to see if they need water.

ALSO... they have really large ones for bigger birds. So, if you have concerns about having enough water at a time - then get one of the big ones or a couple of the smaller.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
MikeScones' Scone has a self waterer.
He does, and he loves it. The gurgling doesn't bother him at all, and I like knowing that he's always got enough water. Here's what it looks like:

scone6292.jpg

Tiny's complaining that someone stole his water bowl and put it here on the forum. He likes it except for one thing - he has to share it with the dog and 3 cats....

But he says the dog and cat germs haven't killed him yet!

Peg

MikeScone wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:
MikeScones' Scone has a self waterer.
He does, and he loves it. The gurgling doesn't bother him at all, and I like knowing that he's always got enough water. Here's what it looks like:

scone6292.jpg

I have one... for the cats when we're away. I've thought about giving one to the buns, Oberon drinks LOTS of water. But I worry about them knocking it over. Loki is really strong and loves throwing stuff around, anything, including full litter boxes with metal weights in the bottom.:shock:

Maybe if I attached it to the pen wall somehow, but that sounds like an awful lot of work, LOL!

Me and my rabbits have attached their waterbottles to the wall, and everything is good. Johnston get a bungee cord big enough to fit around the water bottle, and secure it to the cage bars. Then, you only need to disconnect the bungee cord, and you can take the water bottle to fill up. Easy!

In the warm months I use cheap dog/cat wagerers I get in Pet aisle in my grocery store. Still need to clean 1x a week due to algae build up. Works great. Not so good in winter cause whole thing freezes.

Latest posts

Back