What breed is my new addition?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddogdodge

Reaction score
Unexpectedly acquired a new rabbit today :eek: She's a rescue who needed somewhere to go, I just happened to have a suitable place for her. So I know nothing of her history.

I'm assuming she's some kind of drawf breed, she's absolutely tiny.... her entire body is the size of my flemish giants head, haha!

She's completely white with striking blue eyes :)

20561915_1760498913969542_866552149_n.jpg 20527403_1760498887302878_869229867_n.jpg

Beautiful bunny! I love those blue eyes!
We had an all white bunny with blue eyes... my username was named for him. :)

You got some great photos showing the blue color. I had a hard time getting the color to show on photos.

Beautiful bunny! I love those blue eyes!
We had an all white bunny with blue eyes... my username was named for him. :)

You got some great photos showing the blue color. I had a hard time getting the color to show on photos.

Her eyes are mesmerising! Such a vibrant blue! My whole life I've wanted a pet with blue eyes :)

What a pretty rabbit. Does it appear to be deaf? I know cats and dogs that are white and blue eyed seem to usually be deaf.

And it is a great photo capturing the blue eyes.

I would say blue eyed white or BEW polish as well. As far as how popular or common they are it totally depends on your area. Polish are very great pets and are known to be great for kids. Netherland dwarfs really have much bulkier heads and if your baby is a dwarf then it is a VERY poorly bred one.

Yeah her ears are too big and her head doesn't have the round head which normally comes with dwarfism. See the difference? That's a Nethie:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/0a/07/01/0a0701fe2b58a7e2428ca300b10b885c.jpg

And it's true Polish are known to have a better temperament than Nethies, which are the little meanies of the rabbits' world (I've only had Nethies though... I like my rabbits feral XD). Of course she could be a mix though...

Thanks all :) Sounds like you all agree that she is a Polish. I'm happy about that as I have heard of Nethies being a bit grumpy, haha!

I generally prefer larger breed rabbits. My other two are Flemish Giant X Californian. So this little one is totally different from what I'm used to.

She's very scared of me still, but seems like she will get used to me with time. She was abandoned in a cardboard box by someone.

She's gorgeous!!!! Please, please can we get a picture of your new bun next to your Flemish? I'd just love to see the size difference. I hope you post lots of pictures of her in the future. Those eyes-- wow!!

Latest posts

Back