Need advice about my two females !

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ksimmer12

Reaction score
Okay my little girls are just turning 6 months old in a week and at night they chase each other around the cage and humping each other. Last night they got a little aggressive while doing that and i made a divider so they can see and touch noses but thats about it and i am only going to put that in at night time because they have been keeping me awake for the last 4 nights. Now i am raising the money to spay them, do you guys think that would solve that issue or could it be something else? Also i know i am only putting the divider in at night but is that cruel? During the day they are fine with each other they are sisters so they bonded pretty well. Thank you for helping!

In the case of two females, the sooner you spay them the better in terms of bonding in my experience. Two females pretty commonly don't get along, even if they are sisters! Often sibling rabbits stop getting along as soon as they are sexually mature (this is obviously not always the case, but I hear about this happening all the time). If they do not get along after the spay, you may have to consider housing them separately for the rest of their lives or start re-bonding them as if they had never met. Good luck!

:yeahthat:

You don't want them fighting anymore right now or they may never bond later. Keep them separate until they are both spayed and healed. Fights can turn extremely vicious even to the point of causing serious injury or death.

Latest posts

Back