New Bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bun-mommy

Reaction score
I lost my Roy on Christmas Eve. I had to put him down. I wasn't sure about getting another rabbit. I'm going to be going to college and I didn't feel ready to open my heart to another bunny. But even though I still miss Roy boy, I feel ready for another one. I was waiting to adopt an "Easter bunny" from the humane society (one that got dumped there after Easter) but my neighbor offered me a rabbit. If I decided I didn't want one from her, she was going to let him run free! I can't believe that someone would do that. I will be commuting to college though, so I can own a rabbit. I will be picking up my new bunny tomorrow. His name was Rocky, but I want to rename him Toby to stick with the cowboy/western theme for my bunny names. I promise I'll post pictures as soon as possible!:runningrabbit:

I can't wait to see pics! do you know what breed he is or how old or what color (anything to tide us over, hehe)?

that's wonderful of you to think of all the poor, abandoned easter bunnies and want to give one a second home after they lost their holiday newness/baby cuteness and got dumped... and just as wonderful that, instead, you ended up rescuing a rabbit who would otherwise have "run free" straight towards an untimely and probably pretty nasty demise. I'm glad you've opened your heart to a bunny again and I'm sure Toby will be quite grateful for it!

Congratulations on your new soon-to-come home bunny, Toby! My condolences on your loss of your beloved Roy. Can't wait to hear more about your new Toby & yes, pictures please! I need to get my camera working so I can at least do pix. Maybe one of these days I can get a camera that does video as well!

I'm not sure of the breed but soon-to-be Toby has the same markings as Roy, only in dark brown, and he is close to the size that Roy was. They told me that he is under a year, so I hope to have many years and memories together with him!

Last edited:
Posted the pics on my profile! He is very jumpy and in July, he will be one year old. When I was holding him, I couldn't get him to stop biting my jacket. Also, he does not like being picked up. When my mom tried to pick him up, he jumped up in the air and landed on his water bowl and lost a toe nail. Roy had lost plenty, though, so Toby should be okay. He sure does have a lot of spunk.

I can't believe that someone would just let the bunny go free. Good on you for saving him from such a horrible fate.

Toby is so handsome, I just love his cute little lop ears.

So sorry you lost Roy but good on you for taking in Toby and saving him from what would have been a certain death if he was let loose.

Can´t wait to see him and I´m sure with love and attention from you he´ll become more use to being handled and will bond with you as he gets to know you.

Will wait for more news of him...love the name, I had a dog named Toby many years ago.

Latest posts

Back