Does anyone else like seeing their rabbits destroy toys?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorguarder08

Reaction score
I love seeing Jack destroy his toys. I am happy when it's time to ad new ones in the cage because I know those $5 toys (Actually I don't think any of them have even cost me that much) are saving me hundreds of dollars in the long run. While Jack is chewing on them he is keeping his teeth trimmed. He is also getting some mental stimulation. And when he is having an aggressive attack on his hanging toys (I will try to get a video of it sometime) he is getting some of his energy out which is great because since I have the flu I have been linking my contact with the animals as much as possibl since its just unhealthy to cover them in my germs. Yesterday I sneezed and got green snot all over the shirt I was wearing. Don't really want that on any of my animals.

Me: *gives rabbits $5 toy*
Rabbits: *stare blankly*

Me: *gives rabbits $70 chew toy house*
Rabbits: *sniff, small nibble*

Me: *gives rabbits old cardboard box*
Rabbits: *RAAAAWR NOMNOMNOM CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP RIPRIPRIP*

:)

I WISH my rabbit would use his toys >.>
I've even given him cardboard boxes and such, toilet paper/paper towel empty rolls, NOTHING. He doesn't care for chewing much I guess (getting that looked at soon just in case). Doesn't like any sticks, wood blocks, doesn't chew on his cage. I've caught him chewing on his litter box occasionally but nothing big.

Sigh, I would be delighted to see him destroy his toys or any cardboard.

Me: *gives rabbits $5 toy*
Rabbits: *stare blankly*

Me: *gives rabbits $70 chew toy house*
Rabbits: *sniff, small nibble*

Me: *gives rabbits old cardboard box*
Rabbits: *RAAAAWR NOMNOMNOM CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP RIPRIPRIP*

:)

LOL!! Aint that the truth right there, even though Rosie loves playing with all her toys she loves distroying cardboard tubes and boxes the fastest. The other thing she loves is when she gets the zoomies our version of the binky she zooms around her cage in a circle and hits the one hanging toy that has a bell on it makes it ring then stops in one spot looks like OH YEAH I HIT IT COOL!! Then she zooms again and keeps hitting it till shes pooped out LOL!! Its a total game with her since her cage is so big and she has so much room to run around she gets plenty excersize. But we do take her out everyday for more excersize and playtime. I go to the goodwill store and look where they keep the hard plastic baby toys you can wash them with bleach then rinse well let dry and use those for toys they dont cost much you can also find diffrent things at the dollar store as well as toys ment for dogs and or larger parrots. Rosie has a twig tunnel she uses for chewing and her paper towel tubes but every now and then i catch her chewing on the wood frame of the cage. Where she chews the cage i spray with bitter apple she dont like that and moves on soon she wont have any sections left to chew on and will get the idea mom says leave the cage alone no more cage chewing. She also loves willow twigs to chew.
She loves picking up the bigger ball with bell in it and carrying it around and sometimes she just pushes it around with her nose.

Jack doesn't seem to chew on cardboard. I put an empty tissue box in there a few days ago other than him moving it it has gone in touched. When I first hot him I put a toilet paper tube in there it was also untouched. Although to be fair the toilet paper tube had to be taken out a couple days later as it became soaked (As did a good portion of bedding) thanks to a very leaky water bottle.

Latest posts

Back