Which vegetables are well tolerated?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellissian

Reaction score
As I have previously mentioned to some of you, Milly suffers from recurring bouts of gas.

So far I have managed to get his tummy to tolerate small amounts of spring greens. I have since tried him with parsley which gave him soft poops and kale which gave him major gas.

Are there any vegetables that are tolerated more than others and cause less gas?

Hey there - sorry I missed your post earlier. I'm sure you've seen some of the other threads going on right now about gas and veggies. :)

My Misty gets gas with everything I feed her, she lives on Simethicone. Parsley is usually really safe - the flat leaf italian kind. same with Cilantro, although i know SAS has some problems with her guys and Cilantro.

Really, it's a trial and error thing - just try one at a time and monitor closely. I started a journal of what Misty eats on a daily basis and when she gets gas so I can track any patterns.

I've realised since reading the other post thats it depends on he individual bun.

Milly seems to live on simethicone too. I think he has developed a liking to it, since he has it so much.

Curly Parsley gave him really smelly gas yesterday, I don't think he will be getting that in the future. :)

As I said on the other post, I'm going to try him on curly and round lettuce over the next few days.

Hopefully I will be able to find something that agrees with him.

Latest posts

Back