Oats!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mollz

Reaction score
Well I had some oats lying around and had read somewhere that rabbits were allowed to eat them so I tried them, and I've never seen any food be eaten so quickly!!! They loved them.

Well I just wanted to check that firstly they were allowed and I normally give about 1 spoonful a day is this ok?

Well, oats are a treat food, so if she is getting a spoonful of oats a day make sure there are NO other treats.

Oats will cause your bunny to bulk up as it's a starch... when Misty was underweight, I gave her a teaspoon of oats a day. She quickly put on weight, so if your bun is overweight or you have any concern over weight, a spoon a day may be too much.

Otherwise, it's a favorite here as well, we only give them oats once a month or so now as Misty was having some weight issues... she got too fat. :)

Ok, thats why I asked!

I will cut it down to a very small bit a week, although they are deffinately not fat (not even Chubby)because the only treats they get are vegetables.

Latest posts

Back