music and rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LazerFace

Reaction score
Hi!
i write music and i sing whitch means there can be alot of sound from my guitar (its an aucoustic guitar so there are no speakers involved) i was wondering if this would harm my bunny because i play in my room where the bunny will be most of the time. i can ofcourse play somewhere else but my family (my older sister) can get annoyed if i play in the living room. i would really appreciate some advice!

With an acoustic guitar, I doubt it would be harmful (I personally cannot play loud enough on my guitar to cause damage :p ). If he seems scared, I'd try to be more quiet, but most rabbits who are used to music enjoy it. Mine do!

I play the piano (not a keyboard so there is no way to lower the volume) and the cello and I sing too. I play a lot and it never bothered my rabbits. On the contrary it helps them relax after a 'bad' experience like a trip to vet or giving meds because they know my hands are occupied and that I won't handle / carry them while I'm playing. I even had one rabbit who really loved music. He would come near the instrument, lay down and turn is ears toward the sound like some kind of parabole to listen. It was really adorable. I never had an animal who liked music as much as he did (my dog doesn't really like it and he is really conservative when it comes to style - he will tolerate anything before the modern period and pop music but hates contemporary music and any kind of dissonance will promptly make him leave the house to go to the garden ^^'). I also listen to a lot of music with big speakers and they like it.

Latest posts

Back