How to exactly identify between True and False Dwarf ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayase

Reaction score
Hi, I'm still kinda confuse about differences between True and False Dwarf and hope if senior member or breeder here can give me some helpful and easier hint

I kinda want to buy True Dwarf (either Holland Lop or Netherland Dwarf) but even after read several thread in this forum about differences between True and False, I'm still not quite sure. If possible I want to avoid buying False Dwarf, since I planned to buy BEW Holland Lop or Netherland Dwarf Champagne

Also is there any way to differentiate True and False when rabbit is still a kit (less than 1 month) ? I tried to identify both false and true dwarf more than 6 month-old and still not sure how to identify them, let alone baby rabbit. I tried Hook's Holland guide at youtube to identify True and False for Holland Lop but it's still hard for me to notice (I'm not professional breeder nor experienced in rabbit)

For now I try to use scales to weight to differentiate them (for ex : Netherland Dwarf not exceed 1.2kg or Holland Lop not exceed 1.5kg) but some told me that this is not accurate since it depends on their diet / eat behavior etc.

I also try to look at their body size (smaller = True), shorter ear (shorter ear = True) and rounder face (rounder = True) but as I said before, it's easier to said than done and I can't quite differentiate it. I even saw a very big Holland Lop (I asked if it's mini lop but shop owner said it's holland lop) that weight 2kg / 4 pounds but have kinda-short ear and kinda-round face

I don't want to do breeding / mating at all just to check (using peanut kits as confirmation) whether they're True or False since I'm not breeder at all

Please correct me if there's any wrong information I provided, Thank you

Latest posts

Back