New to bunnies and trying to figure out breed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crimsondevilsin

Reaction score
hello. I just recently resuced this baby bunny from being thrown out into the wild. I habe no idea what kind of bunny it is. I havnt had a bunny since i was 8 that was almost 20 years ago.

The preson said this bunny is between 3 and 4 months old. And i have no idea what the breed is. Do you have any guess? Also where would be a good source of information on how to take care of bunnies.
20170728_175130.jpg

It's impossible to tell with a photo like that. You have to see the bunny correctly from the side and the front. All I can tell you is that it's certainly not a dwarf breed, considering the lenght of his ears. It's probably a mix, most rabbits are mutts when they aren't bought at a serious breeder (I currently have a purebred rabbit but that's the first one I've had - I did 'kinda nethie' and 'sort of helicopter ears' a lot beforehand ^^).
About the informations, I recommend you read all of the House Rabbit Society website. They've got really got informations about diet, housing and stuff: http://rabbit.org/category/care/diet/
If you've got particular questions of course, you can ask here!

Hard to tell from that photo. It almost looks like it could be a wild rabbit. Are you in the US?

The link I had that showed how similar to wild rabbits some domestic rabbits can look, is no longer active. I found this doing a quick search:
http://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Wild_rabbits

This forum has loads of information on rabbit care. Might take some time to go through the various topics.

For a quick care overview, check here.

You'll want to get some hay straight away. Check the site above for appropriate pellet brand options, etc.

I didnt relieaze it didnt load all the pictures.here is more pictures <new to the forum thing>

20170728_180128-01.jpg

20170728_180134-01.jpg

20170728_180200-01.jpg

It's impossible to tell with a photo like that. You have to see the bunny correctly from the side and the front. All I can tell you is that it's certainly not a dwarf breed, considering the lenght of his ears. It's probably a mix, most rabbits are mutts when they aren't bought at a serious breeder (I currently have a purebred rabbit but that's the first one I've had - I did 'kinda nethie' and 'sort of helicopter ears' a lot beforehand ^^).
About the informations, I recommend you read all of the House Rabbit Society website. They've got really got informations about diet, housing and stuff: http://rabbit.org/category/care/diet/
If you've got particular questions of course, you can ask here!

Yea some one posted on craigs list that they bought there kids some bunnies and the bunnies had babbies and that is someone didnt come picck them up they were gonna just lwt them go in there front yard. And when i got there the babies were sitting in a box on the front porch. So i took them to a shaleter cause i couldnt keep all 8 of them. This little guy though i dunno he jusy captured my heart

This site (RabbitsOnline.net) has been a great help to us. The House Rabbit Society's website is also a great resource with tons of great info: http://rabbit.org/

Your rabbit is very cute! Good luck - they need to eat lots of hay as well as some fresh greens every day, and relatively few pellets. They need to get stimulation via exercise by having out-of-cage time, and toys to play with, as well as things to chew on.

Be sure to keep electrical cords and any computer/TV/phone chargers, etc. cords absolutely out of reach - rabbits love to chew on them and they can be electrocuted if you aren't careful. Additionally, if the cord was unplugged when they chewed on it, *you* may be shocked if you touch that part as you plug it back in. Etc.

We are also new to rabbits and thanks to this forum, and the HRS website, we have had a successful first six months with our newest family member! We can't imagine life without him now.

Latest posts

Back