Spaying finally!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivythelionhead

Reaction score
I'm getting Iris spayed in a few weeks when my vet gets home from vacation, yes I know I should of done it a long time ago but I only just got enough money to spay her anyway after she's spayed and she heals up from it cause I know she had to heal for a while but afterwards I wanted to get her a friend cause sometimes she's home alone and I want her to have company so I was wondering what people thought about this I would only adopt a rabbit who was already spayed or neutered but I'm not sure where I should adopt from I mean there no bunny shelters around where I live and I have the SPCA which you can adopt rabbits from but I'm not sure if they will do a meet and greet before hand and I think that's what I'd want just so I know if they would get along properly cause I don't want a friend that Iris can't live with and snuggle with plus Iris is a very stubborn, strong willed, bossy rabbit so I think if I could get a bunny who is the opposite of her that would be good but again I'd want a meet and greet to see if they could get along also I've always liked the idea of a lop rabbit I've heard there easy going and very sweet plus there so cute but again I just want a friend for Iris that she can get along with.

Yay on getting spayed! I too am getting my bunny spayed soon (next week), with plans to eventually get her a bun husband. Whenever Mr. Dreamy comes along that is.

I personally go on Petfinder.com and you can search for rabbits that need to be adopted in your area. You may be to travel a bit. Also some places require to see your rabbit setup before allowing you to adopt, and some of them let you FaceTime if you are traveling.

I don't know if you have done much research on the bonding process but you should before taking the next step.

I have done research on bonding rabbits and I also have first hand experience bonding rabbits but thank you

It's good she's going to be spayed. About the meet and greet, I advise you against it. It won't tell you anything reliable in terms of compatibility and it will stress your rabbit out which can lead to GI stasis and make her take a risk health-wise (all rabbits should be quarantined before being put with other rabbits if it wasn't done in a forster family - rabbits can have very contagious disease). I explained it all more precisely in a post called "Cali is single and ready to mingle" two or three weeks ago if you want details.
Just make sure to take a neutered male and the odds of them getting along should be pretty good. Being bossy is a normal female trait - rabbits warrens are matriarchies, a male should submit more easily.

Im in east sussex eastbourne to be exact. Our pets at home have an adoption centre in the back...pet welfare. We looked onlins saw a bunny . took ours with us to meet her. It was after all a companion for him so by rights his choice. He liked her and brought her home. Minimum adoption fee was £10. You get vouchers to spay and innoculate if that hasnt been dine. Although i got her spayed and innoculated at our own vets. The vets at our pets at home isnt great plus i dont know them. Been with our vet 9yrs so stuck with them. Have taken out pet health plan which covers innoculation worming flea treatment and health checks. I will also be taking out full insurance. Learnt after previous bunny how expensive it can get.

Latest posts

Back