Im new to Bunnies and i just "inherited" one

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kinai

Reaction score
I am the new mom to a dark eared dark nosed albino bunny who is little even though he's full grown.. Yes I know it sounds weird.

The people i "inherited" baby/Happy from weren't able to care for him as he needed to be but it wasn't out of lack of love. It was more of busy schedules, bratty child and lack of knowledge.

In the 2 days I've had him Baby/Happy has been snuggling with me, has been stretching out which I have NEVER seen him do, and his ears are up and not against his body. I have been reading up on caring for him but wanted to join here to get more info to help make him happier

Glad to hear bunny now has a caring home. Rabbits can vary greatly in size. The smaller breeds may be just over 2lbs, while the giants can be over 15 lbs!

Would love to see some photos!

A red eyed white bunny with a dark nose and ear is probably an himalayan ^^. And a lot of rabbit are small. So your rabbit sounds pretty normal to me ^^.
I'm glad he is in a more relaxing environment, it sounds like he feels better already.

Do I need photobucket or similar to do pics?

welcome to the show ...

you can use photobucket ( and its free =0) )

all you need to do is copy the IMG Code and paste it in the thread here ...

:elvis2:

I found out that my Bunny does not respond to his original name so I am changing it. I was thinking Happy (thus the name above) but I have decided to name him A.J. which stands for Absolute Joy, which is what he has brought me in a bad time.

So there is A.J.

We are from Rhode island and A.J. is at least 3 years old. And an intact male. But VERY loveable and docile. He likes rearranging his cage at night while I sleep at least the first nights he did. Last night was pretty quiet.

He used the litter box the majority of the time yesterday too! (except when he owed on my comforter) his personality is blossoming. My dog is WAY TOTALLY jealous but good with A.J. and neither is afraid or mean with each other. Dogs name is Buddy

He's so sweet!! What a cutie! Hey, Rhode Island--- Wow I used to live there. We lived in Providence. On Sundays we were sometimes go to Cliff Walk and look at the houses. Loved it there! So much history and great literature. Loved it! I probably lived there before you were even born. Nixon was president.
I'm glad you have A.J. To help you through your rough patch.

Whiterabbit
If that's before 78 then yup. Through process of elimination it is looking good that AJ is a Himalayan Netherland Dwarf. Just don't know what color he would fall under. Will have to get a better pic.

Watermelons,
Thank you so much. I looked it up and it fits him. :) now I just get confused when they mention the color variations like chocolate, blue, lilac.... Still wondering that part but it doesn't truly matter as he's adorable anyways. But could you explain them in terms of actual fur colors. Like I know chocolate is a dark brown. I am guessing blue would be a shade of grey but a bit off true grey?

Trying to understand the color schemes of fur. I've tried looking it up but I am not having luck

Found out through another of my posts that AJ is a Netherland Dwarf, himi marten, blue for color.

Sorry if not put correctly as I am knew to rabbits.

Love this forum!

Latest posts

Back