When can I rebreed my doe if she does not kindle a litter?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hnms06

Reaction score
My lionheads due date is today and I know she could still have a few days to go but I'm not positive she is actually pregnant. My question is if she does not kindle a litter how long do I need to wait to rebreed her to be sure that she is just not having a longer pregnancy? And other question is based on the details below do you think she will have a litter?
Thanks for any help!

Additional details:
She was breed the day before I bought her.
The reason I'm concerned about her not having a litter is:
-She had a what I'm assuming was a wool block problem that showed up a few days after I got her and didn't eat much and had very few and small droppings. I gave her Oxbow critical care to get her to eat again and within a day she was back to normal so in all 3-4 days of being "sick".
-I could not feel any babies in her belly but it was my first time palpating a possibly pregnant rabbit so I don't trust my abilities quite yet!

Thanks everyone! Day 31 still no hair pulling or nest making. She's got some strange poop though (dark shiny but shaped in balls squished together) Sorry only shared that because I wasn't sure if their was a cause for it!
Maybe tonight will be the night!

The strange poop is cecotrophs, rabbits normally eat them as they come out of the anus. Rabbits are designed to digest very hard to digest food like grasses so they pull nutrients out into the cecum and produce cecotrophs which are re-ingested to maximize nutrient intake.

Occasionally you will find some that are not eaten, but if it becomes a regular occurrence, then something is wrong with the diet usually. Most cases it is too much protein or carbs in the diet causing excess cecals.

But if it is just one every once and a while, nothing to worry about.

Oh, mothers will also leave some around for her babies to eat as their digestive system matures.

-Dawn

Today is day 36 so we rebreed her my buck (his first time with a doe) and it went really well I don't see how she can't be pregnant this time! The buck grunted and fell off 7 times and as soon as I put her in his cage she crouched down and raised her behind. I'll palpate her belly in 10 days. Wish us luck! Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back