KS Rabbit Savvy Vets X

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnydude

Reaction score
KANSAS

Thislink isfor an old, but excellent list (courtesy of Petbunny mailing list subscribers). Please post any known updates in this thread.
  1. [font="Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif,MS Sans Serif"][size="-1"][font="Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif,MS Sans Serif"][size="-1"]
  2. Dr. Virginia Skinner
    Praire Avian and Exotic Animal Clinic
    1741 S Glendale
    Wichita, KS 67218
    (316) 682-5335
    Recommended by: Shawn Fleming
    Submitted: 2/00
    Need directions?
  3. Dr Joseph Cook
    Family Pet Hospital
    2220 SE 29th
    Topeka, KS
    (785) 267-0506
    Recommended by: Katherine
    Comments: i took my 5 plus year old Holland Lop to a 'new' vet for a second opinion. i knew something was wrong with the Timothy boy, but his other doctor could not find anything. the 'new' vet looked at his molars. the were all malaligned and in very bad shape. Timothy ended up having a dental, including 4 extractions and is doing great....i am impressed!
    Submitted: 2/01
    Need directions?
    [/size][/font][/size][/font]
[size="-1"][font="Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif,MS Sans Serif"]
[/font][/size] And, the followinglist is from the Association of Exotic Mammal Veterinarians: (Please be sure that vets on this listtreat rabbits and not just birds or reptiles).

Again, please post any additions, commentsor updates in this thread.

Thanks!

Kansas

James Carpenter, DVM
Department of Clinical Sciences, CVM
Kansas State University
Manhattan, KS 66506
Phone: 785-532-5690
Fax: 785-532-4309

Would like to add to the Family Pet Hospital recommendation -

Just got my female spayed there and they called us right after her surgery to let us know how she was doing (they didn't make us wait and call them). When we went to pick her up the vet sat and discussed it all with us for about 20 minutes, letting us know what antibiotic was used, gave us pain meds, etc. He even gave us a second dose of pain meds for no charge because she might need it on Sunday and they aren't open on weekends. All in all $152 for everything, including exam, pain meds, anesthetic, antibiotics. He has been treating bunnies for 20 years and he was VERY good with my rabbit! And they don't mind questions and comments and making sure they get the proper care, they didn't take offense at all to my questioning to make sure they would use the right stuff. AND he said they could take her in on Monday - even if we had to bring her in at their closing time, he would stay late to make sure to look at her.

Mulvane Animal Clinic (near Wichita) can neuter a rabbit for only $35 but they don't spay. It remained unclear if they used Metacam injection along with Isoflorin (assistant told me that Isoflorin is all they used) but my bun tolerated neutering in this clinic pretty well
I am in need of experienced rabbit savvy vet in Wichita area (suburbs are OK) --I couldn't reach the doctor from the first post, maybe she is retired.

For anyone in on the Kansas side of the KC metro, I had my girl spayed recently by the vet who used to see my rats, and he is amazing at his job. Dr. Heath Brown at Mission Animal clinic

5915 Broadmoor St, Mission, KS 66202
(913) 432-3341

www.missionanimalclinic.com

The information for rabbit veterinarian Dr. Virginia Skinner (Wichita) is out of date. Here is her current information. She is very competent with rabbits and other exotics and is also available after hours. She is now practicing outside of Wichita.
Dr. Virginia Skinner
1625 80th St., Peabody, Kansas
620-983-2998
peabodyveterinaryclinic.com

Latest posts

Back