Green Onions?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nela

Reaction score
Stupid me... For some reason I thought green onions were safe. Maybelle has been eating the green stems for a few days here and there. They aren't really good either, seeing how they are pretty much frozen. She's taken a particular liking to them and refuses her carrot and carrot tops and goes to the onions instead...I only really clicked and thought maybe it was not good today. She hasn't a ton of itreally but I was wondering if something needed to be done ? I'll make sure to dispose of them.

She's acting normally and all. I've given her plenty of hay so I am hoping that will help get it all out of her system... Is there anything elseI should do?

I agree. As long as she keeps eating and a lot of it is hay, they will be out of her system soon.

Hey guys, thank you :rose:. Maybelle was acting fine. I wasn't really sure how a problem would manifest itself if it did happen. She was grumpy and annoyed with me so all is well :p

onions are toxic to rabbits they can cause anaphalactic (?) shock in some rabbits. If she ate it yesterday with no reaction looks like shes gonna be ok...wow that cuda been a bad thing...im so glad shes ok...

Yeah :expressionlessI didn'tknow about anaphylactic shock... Whoa. That could have gone so nasty :(I've pulled them all out and removed other leftover plants as well. I just prefer she be safe. We'll be redesigning the yard in the spring and I will make it proper rabbit safe then. I'm so relieved that she didn't have any issues with it. Maybe the fact that they weren't fresh and they were frozen helped some. I guess the oils/toxins etcaren't as present then. They are all out now though!

Latest posts

Back