A lil update

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cher

Reaction score
Miss.Jade seems to be doing quite well on hermedication (finding out what it is on Friday) and now the little girlwont STOP eating, I dont think I have ever been happier to see a bunchowing down like she is. Like I had mentioned previously in myFeed'n'Feet post, she has gained so much more energy I am very gratefulto all the help I received during this.

Now, since the vet warned about washing my hands, and contracting theparasite , I wonder how contagious itis?Iwasconstantly handling them before,and now I am a little on the wary side of snuggling her, which makes mefeel kindabad~since she is soused to head snugglesby me :(She is also the "tranceable" one, and even thoughIgive her the once over a few times a day-to check on thecondition ofher feet, check where she had the shot to makesure there wasnt an allergic reaction, etc-the non-cuddles is killingme!

enough of my rambling..................

Cher (going through withdrawl here)

It depends on exactly what the vet said theparasite was -- you had mentioned the scabies mitepreviously.Normally, the parasites that rabbitscarry are species and rarely infest humans. In the many yearsand thousands of rabbits I've handled, I've only contracted mites acouple times.

I would recommend cuddling to your heart's content :)

Pam

I've never contracted mites even though I wentpurposely "digging" at them in our rabbits coats with flea combs, andfingernails, in the absence of the former.

Recommend washing thereafter, of course. :p

Buck

WHEW
you two are live savers...since I have been furiously washing (with ableach mixture too boot) after handling either of them, and the sillypart is-not so much for myself but more so to protect carrying it backand forth between them! (Which I am still going to do, but its good toknow that I am going to be in snuggleheaven tonight with my beautiful big eyedJade!!

xo

Cher and Jade

Once again, here I go in complete embarrassmentCarolyn...your not going to believe what the shots are that Jaderecieves...Ivomectin 0.08ml (1%w/o) not sure what the w/o is

Her medication is comprised of the following:

Trimethoprin (antibiotic) 840mg

Vena (antihistamine) 3

Cisapride (couldnt really get the translated English version, but todescribe it, it is to help with the flow of her internals-from all theexcess fur in her stools) 40mg

I give her 1.5 twice a day of the liquid medication with a syringe.

As for Jezebel since her eyes have been a touch on the pink side, hethought it was a bacterial infection (way back during Chinese New Year)and gave her Ciloxan drops which I didnt think did anything, since itcame back. She is now on Fucithalmic (fusidic acid) eye cream, which Iput under her lid (it is an ointment) and massage her eyelids gentlyover it.
So I think once she (Jade) is done with her subsequent follow uptreatments, I will be more than tickled pink when my other doctor'ssubscription comes in thepost xo

Cher and your grateful neice Jade

Cher wrote:
yournot going to believe what the shots are that Jaderecieves...Ivomectin 0.08ml (1%w/o) not

That's funny, isn't it?! Good job gathering the information!

Keep us posted on how Jez's eye improves.

Way to go for catching the problems so quickly. Ya 'donegood'.

-Carolyn

awwwww Carolyn thanks :) As far as Jezebel's eyecream, when I inquired as to how long I am going to have to administerit to her, he replied about 2-3 months. HOLY! I then asked "Are youtrying to get my bunnies to hate me?" LOL, unfortunately the joke was alittle lost, but at least I had a hoot asking it!!!!

Some days she loves getting the ointment in her eyes, she responds bybowing her head and acting like I am the Queen bunny in our abodegrooming her. Other days when she has decided SHE is Queen bunny, I mayescape with a small nip for bothering her royal highness with suchannoyances!

Her moods are quite entertaining to say the least

Cher

Latest posts

Back