Loads of love and RIP *crys*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shanan

Reaction score
A few days ago I posted about a back to back pregnancy of my doe... Well, she gave birth to three kits today in the evening. But... Two of them were caught by millions of fire ants and... They are dying in front of my eyes... One of the three was mercied upon and left untouched by the ants and it is healthy... I cried like I have never cried before... Something about animals I have always felt... I tried my best to make them live... I... I wish I was there before this happened... What can make this world more cruel?

I'm so sorry for your loss, how did the fire ants get to them? And how's mommy and the other baby doing?

I'm so sorry for your loss, how did the fire ants get to them? And how's mommy and the other baby doing?

This is so not done. I made the nest and she tended the nest so well. She gave birth on the 34th day. Before this I used to check on the mom every now and then. Yesterday I was a bit busy and didn't check in the evening. And the doe gave birth then only. Don't know what happened, she gave birth on the base of the cage and not on the NEST BOX. And the ants... One baby miraculously got isolated and was left untouched. But the other two were... I couldn't make the ants leave their skin... This is the worst way a bun can die...

Both the mom and the kit are doing quite well though the baby seems to be a bit smaller? I will post pictures.

It is so depressing. It feels like there's nothing worse. I have uploaded pics of the kit that survived in the thread "New Born Kit".

Latest posts

Back