General Costs of a Spay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissyAndMoonlight

Reaction score
So I've been doing a lot of research on spaying my two rabbits, and I just have one question- about how much does it generally cost?

A popular animal shelter near me has a low-cost spay/neuter program, spaying rabbits for $75 each. I would also want to get bloodwork done beforehand, and was wondering about how much other people have paid for their rabbits. Any help is appreciated!

I paid right around $50... I'm assuming my prices aren't as high in comparison to others, since I live in a relatively poor, rural area. They just want the animals to be healthy. The vet for my rabbits is extremely knowledgeable in rabbit-related things, and my buns loooove her.

We usually quote $700 for an exam, blood work, spay (neuters are cheaper) including an overnight stay, fluids, intubation, etc., but it's often less than that in the end (we quote higher than we usually need, just in case something pops up).

I didn't do bloodwork for any of mine, nor overnight stay. The vet saw them before the operation to check their general health, but they were young with no sign of problem so we decided against tests. I had a post-surgery visit to check the wound too. I paid around 175$ for the spay / meds (antibiotics and pain meds) / the control visit post-spay. 75$ is really cheap!

Latest posts

Back