Fresh hay or Brand hay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myalashawn

Reaction score
I have been using brand hay but i go through it so fast i think i want to get a bulk of hay. When considering the best hay selection for your rabbit you would think to automatically choose fresh hay but I've heard more bad stories about fresh hay than i have with pet store brand hay. I know that some fresh hay can carry mites and i wouldn't want to bring that home with me. I need to know what i should do and where to get some nice hay.

I get mine from either a feed store or a local ranch. I buy a full bale usually of either timothy or bermuda.

I store the full bale outside and keep a kitchen trash can-full inside for convenience. That way I only need to access the full bale when the can is empty.

I buy fresh hay from a feed store by the bale. Buying brand hay is not only way too expensive, but unless I was to buy the even more expensive imported brands the quality of bagged hay here isn't great either. For me buying a bale is much more economical, and not even by a small amount.

Latest posts

Back