My cubby bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rew

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1381100056.316817.jpg

This is my 1 year old baby. He's a mini lop :) I recently got him back from boarding after my holiday and he was overweight! He charmed the bejeeze out of the lady who was taking care of him. She kept telling me what a good bunny my lokki was. Probably explains how he got her to overfeed him. He wasn't too bad, but definitely a heavy bunny sitting at 2.3kg when he's ideally meant to be 1.5 lol. Anyways, for now he's cubby-ness makes photos like these super. I've placed him on a strict diet of oaten hay and 2tb of pellets per day. With 2 cups of veggies 2x a day. I'm also coaxing him to do more exercise with treats (max: 1tb of treats per day). I know that sounds a bit strange but I withhold the treat for as long as I can, so he runs for it for awhile lol. I feel so bad seeing him desperately run for the treat all over the place. Tough love ain't easy especially when he starts begging for more treats! Ah!

You may train a bunny to do tricks, but a bunny teaches you patiences and the fragile beauty of silence.

He is so adorable! Love that pic! I'm sure he would tell you himself, "The bigger the bun, the more there is to love!" Of course, you do want him to be healthy & at a healthy weight. :bunnyheart

bunnyheart.gif
100 years form now we won't care! I just want ours to be happy.

I don't mind if he's a bit overweight but the vet that said that it can hinder them cleaning themselves coz they won't be able to reach places so they can get stuff like ear infections from waxy build up. Also they'll get lazier and that's bad for their health and muscle conditioning. I still give him as treats and occasionally I give him a little more coz he's too cute when he starts begging it breaks my heart lol

You may train a bunny to do tricks, but a bunny teaches you patience and the fragile beauty of silence.

Latest posts

Back