Fake Paypal E-mail going around - BEWARE!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamela227

Reaction score
Hello everyone, just wanted to bring this toyour attention especially since many of us have been using Paypal todonate for slg's hot tub.

There is a fake paypal email going around the sender is listed as"PayPal" the subject:"New email address added to your PayPal account !"
This is a FAKE EMAIL, DO NOT OPEN IT OR CLICK ON THE LINKS!

It is one of those 'phishing' emails that makes you believe it isfrom Paypal in regards to your account and puts a link which directsyou to enter in your personal account info and it is just someonetrying to steal your information.

I have received 2 of these emails already & have reported them to Paypal.

If you or anyone you know has also received this kind of email, forwardit to [email protected] and DO NOT CLICK ON ANY OF THE LINKS!
If you did get that email & clicked on the links go to paypal's website for further instructions on your account!

~pam

I got them too, and reported them.
Ebay had some good advise - if you get an email from them or paypal asking for personal info, it is most likely bogus.
To be sure, you can go to your Ebay and Paypal accounts and see if youhave any messages there asking for info. If it's not there, then theydidn't send you the email.

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention, Pamela227 and sfritzp.

Pamela,

It's so nice to see you again. :hug: I hope you and your mom are doing well.

:pray:

-Carolyn

Pretty much anytime you get an email like that,asling you to login fromlinks within the email. DO NOT DOSO....its tracking everything and stealing your info. I haveyet to get a legit email from paypal other than acknowldgements oftransfers, reciepts, things like that.

Thanks for the info pamala, I havent recievedone as of yet, but I will keep my eye out for one and delete itpromptly...Although in the time I have had my paypal account i think ihave gotten exactly 2 e-mails from them one being when I first set itup and the other was conferming a payment. Can you tell I dont use itmuch??

Latest posts

Back