new

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aargone

Reaction score
first off let me say my name is Kyle. I have had my first bunny for about 1 year now (smores). I completely love her to death. I recently got a another bunny (Leona) about 6 months ago for smores. I am looking for advice to bond and have afriend for smores.

Leona was not spayed before I got her. She was in a cage next to smores for 4 months ( wait time to get her fixed) with 4-5 hours put each day but sadly in livining room. I think both bunny's are being territory of the living room.

I tried the bath tub about a week now ( 5 weeks after Leona was fixed) and she just nips at smores.

Any advice would be welcome. (good signs I have seen of tube, is Leona will groomsmen self after 5mina of not nipping smores.)

Hello there and welcome to the forum.

Is S'mores also fixed?

What did you mean by "good signs I have seen of tube, is Leona will groomsmen self" ?

How does smores react when nipped?

Sorry typing on phone.

smores is also fixed. She's a rescue bunny from a shelter.

By good signs I mean. While both of them where in the bath tub that after Leona would nip smores. She groomsmen her self in front of smores.

I would hear a little cry after a nip. And would put my hand inbetween them.

On my last attempt smores would nip back. Should I try something more stressfull or a new approach?

If smores is starting to nip back, then you need a new approach (or maybe a few days break) before they get into an all-out fight. I also suggest you get an oven mit for next time. Use that (rather than your bare hand) to separate them. I still have a scar from making that mistake in the past.

I personally, am not a fan of "stress-bonding." I think this has very limited (if any) benefit and may only result in a temporary and/or false sense of a bond.

So should I set up a portable cage in a neutral area and sit in there and make sure they don't fight? Both bunnies have never been in my room and I could just sit in there.

hey there. I have experienced the exact same problem as you before where two female rabbits just couldn't get along! I ended up giving up on getting them together and have them in separate cages but both get the same amount of cuddles and love :)
they just got too aggressive every time I tried getting them to meet together and there were bites and scratching.
One reason they could be fighting is because even though they are fixed, they can still have hormonal behavior, and this will make them aggressive in the presence of other females because of territory. Another reason is because they never grew up together from a young age, and so they are strangers to each other. I have no ideas to what you could do sorry but all the best to finding an answer!

Latest posts

Back