What's your bunny's name?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been naming my bunnies after alcohol for a while now (it all started with Scotchy who was supposed to be Butterscotch). I now have Brandy and Whiskey. If I ever got a lionhead, I'd probably name him/her Martini, but that's just me. She's a cutie!

I named my rabbit after a god from the nordic mythology, I love the different mythologies countries have. My rabbit’s name it’s Odin because he was not scared and have brown eyes with blue spots.

The next rabbit will get a name from a god from the Greek mythology, which fit the rabbit’s personality. ^.^

Mine (not on purpose but turned out that way somehow) are all named after tv or movie characters. Thumper, because we were really struggling with a name and hubby said just name him Thumper because he looks like him and has his personality. Laverne and Shirley, their coloring and personalities match the characters each was named after, Hazel and Stuart (Little), he's so sweet and looked like a mouse when we brought him home

I'm so bad at picking names, well, the rabbits don't care. To describe them to others I refer to their colour and temperament, like The Gray, Black Fury and Red shrew, and my herd buck and house rabbit is simply "Herr Hase"- He actually listens to "Hase" and comes running when I call him. The others - not so much.

Imho body language is much more important to them.

Maybe name your rabbit from a rabbit book. One of mine, Big Wig, is named after a character in watership down. I want to name a brown bunny Cadbury, so maybe after a candy, or brand you like. I would also suggest Fiver, Frith, and Hazel. All are from watership down. Maybe name her El-ahrairah, which means prince with a thousand enemies. You could probably shorten it. I would even suggest Ahrair.

This is my go to list for when people are looking for ideas:

Do you have any favorite movies or books? You can use character names from those.

Or you could choose names based on a theme:

You could consider plant names like Basil, Pepper, Pumpkin, Rose, Daisy, Ivy.

Food names like Latte, Mocha, Snickers, Peanut, Burrito, Coffee, Popcorn, Cinnamon, Honey.

Or "sky" names like Orion, Pluto, Neptune, Draco, Galaxy, Nebula, Venus, Galaxy.

Or rock names like Quartz, Malachite, Copper, Clay, Diamond, Silver, Marble, Slate, Coal.

Or weather names like Blizzard, Volcano, Storm, Dusty, Sunny, Cloud, Rain, Frost

Or based on color (depending on color of course) like Ginger, Cinnamon, Onyx, Vanilla, Cream, Snow, Midnight, Shadow, Cocoa, Butter, Spot, Speckles.

But, to me, he looks like an Ewok. :)

Ours are rescues so most don't come to us with a name--therefore, we use books, TV, and movies for most of ours. Our Danes are Fry and Bender (Futurama), our bird are Donald, Daisy, Mickey and Minnie (Walt Disney), and our current bunnies are Cosmo and Hoppington. Our avatar was Bunnicula, from "The Celery Stalks at Midnight!"

For me I just choose a name that suits the look and character of my bunny. Try searching names and see if there is one you like!

I'm really bad with names, need ages to remember the names of people at work, the ones in my street or those I meet at the pub. Faces too, I can meet a guy 10 times at the pub, know his name, but when meeting him on the street I'm at a complete loss.

I call all my rabbits "Hase", ok, when refering to them to people it's "the Black" "Red", "Grey", with few exemptions - my little black that was my housebunny once and pretty much destroyed my apartment I refer to as Fury, the red that took months to breed and still doesn't like to be touched as Shrew, and my buck who's my housebunny now is "Herr Hase". Anyway, that's just for people, they don't care much about names, but at least my buck knows "Hase" means treats.

Comunicating with them is 90% body language, no names needed.

Last edited:
Any name ideas or inspiration for my little lionhead? picking her up this weekend :inlove:

View attachment 19734
I call my bun Mizu-san, Mizu means "water" in Japanese - water as an element! The full name is Kami(sama)-no-Mizu meaning the God's water (by analogy with Kami(sama)-no-Kaze better known as Kamikaze, the God's wind). That was because when a lil bun, he managed to infiltrate any bars and no cage could hold him! However, whatever name you give to your precious child you inevitably call him many other names because of love and that stupid feeling of being overwhelmed with cuteness.

I call all my rabbits "Hase", ok, when refering to them to people it's "the Black" "Red", "Grey", with few exemptions - my little black that was my housebunny once and pretty much destroyed my apartment I refer to as Fury, the red that took months to breed and still doesn't like to be touched as Shrew, and my buck who's my housebunny now is "Herr Hase". Anyway, that's just for people, they don't care much about names, but at least my buck knows "Hase" means treats. Comunicating with them is 90% body language, no names needed.
THis is so true!

All of our pets have/had Disney names so far we have used:
buns are Judy (zootopia) and Thumper (Bambi)
Dogs are Bruno (Cinderella) and Nana (Peter Pan)
Bird is Flit (Pocahontas) and Iago (Aladdin)
Gold Fish is Cleo (Pinocchio)
Cat Figaro (Pinocchio)
Sugar Glider Meeko (Pocahontas)
No we don’t have all these pets now some are from 25 years ago when I was a kid :)

Hi I somehow named my older rabbit simply “Bunny Girl” it just stuck and it seemed to be the only name she answered to.
My new baby sweetheart we adopted very easily became “Peaches” and she comes running when you call her already! I just find it suits her perfectly.

Attachments

• 7F7EEE57-8782-4960-9046-9BA826E54350.jpeg
    7F7EEE57-8782-4960-9046-9BA826E54350.jpeg
    94.7 KB · Views: 5
  • CCFA5555-0E54-4147-A2D6-04BD5844F9E4.jpeg
    CCFA5555-0E54-4147-A2D6-04BD5844F9E4.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 0E48366C-F846-413D-8D51-536759893214.jpeg
    0E48366C-F846-413D-8D51-536759893214.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 24916739-C245-416F-A68F-B687186CF8FF.jpeg
    24916739-C245-416F-A68F-B687186CF8FF.jpeg
    40.7 KB · Views: 5
I like names related to food so... My rabbit’s name is Colby Jack. I usually just call him Colby though. Next rabbit I get, I’ll name him/her Pepper Jack, Pepper for short.

Latest posts

Back